Friday, June 16, 2017

Leah's 2nd Kiddie Pool Party

I couldn't be happier that Leah is a "summer baby"!  I have a January birthday, so I never had any fun-outdoor birthday parties growing up, and I always envied my friends with June birthdays.  So now, I am living out my summer birthday party dreams with Leah!
 
Last weekend, we threw her a beach ball themed "KIDDIE POOL PARTY"! It was so much fun!

We had three kiddie pools, (some were filled with balls, some had rubber duckies, etc.) a water table, two slides, a beach ball sprinkler, 30 beach balls thrown in the yard to play with and endless bubbles for the kids to play in.
We had so many delicious foods that I felt were good options for adults and kids:
- Mini sandwiches (ordered from Jungle Jims - I highly recommend ordering these party trays if you're in Cincinnati - they are on Hawaiian rolls and are soooo tasty!)
-Peanut Butter and Jelly Roll Ups
-Chips and Veggie Stix
-Cheese & Cracker Platter
-Huge Bowl of Watermelon
- Organic Pouches from Once Upon a Farm

For dessert, my bestie Alison made the most adorable confections:
- Kid friendly Jello Shots (gummy bears in lifesavers and blue jello...also note the graham crackers on the plate for the "sand")
AND
- Teddy graham pool party cupcakes (Aren't these amazing!!??!)
The kids LOVED them!!
For drinks, we had:
- Pool Water! (it was a mixture of blue Hawaiian punch and Country Time lemonade)
-Variety of beers, water and coke products
- And a variety of Apple&Eve® juice boxes for the kids
I usually buy the regular size juice boxes, but Apple&Eve® has several sizes of product and they sent me their mini 125ml juice boxes for the party and they were PERFECT! I mean, how many times does your kid open a juice box and only take two sips. This is less waste! And you can limit how much juice they have if you are more cautious of their sugar intake.
And they were delicious! (I drank three! haha) They're made with 100% real juice with no added sugar and have no artificial flavors or colors. All the kiddos really did love the taste and loved seeing their BFF's (Elmo, Big Bird and Grover) all over the boxes!
We even received some Apple & Eve® Fruitables juice boxes which is made with real fruit and vegetable juice to help get in those veggies because we all know it’s hard to do.
After hours of partying we sang my sweet girl Happy Birthday and (the wind) blew out her candles.  How cute is her little personal birthday cake!
We had such an amazing time at her kiddie pool birthday party, and all the kiddos seemed to have the best time too....and all left with a smile and a beach ball party favor! :)
It couldn't have been a more perfect day.....and it definitely put all my January birthday parties to shame! :)
(Click here to see her watermelon themed first birthday party!)



*Apple&Eve® graciously sent me the juice boxes for a review, but all opinions are my own.

3 comments:

The Lady Okie said...

What a fun party! I love all the toys, and the cupcakes and cake are so cute! What a sweet birthday :) I need to figure out what to do with R's second birthday in August.

Anne said...

Oh my gosh what a perfect party idea! Super fun for the kiddos, but still fun to plan a theme around, and easy enough to pull off with those kiddie pools! Love the cupcakes.

Erin LFF said...

Totally cute!! I might have to do this for T's birthday next year!!! :)