Monday, March 13, 2017

The world is your playground! (+ a quick 21month update)


 The weather in Cincinnati has been crazy so far this year.
It's only March and we've already been to the zoo twice (we didn't even wear heavy coats when we went in January!) and had dozens of trips to the local parks so Leah can play on the playground.
There's a new park in our neighborhood that is super amazing, but soooooooo crowded. The place is swarming with kids, parents, dogs, flying balls in the air, etc!! It's definitely good for entertainment, but watching your sweet daughter wait in line to go down the slide (and watch the bigger kids skip her in line!!!!!) sure does take the fun out of going to the park.
So a few weeks ago, we ventured out to an "old park playground" to play.  This poor little playground gets no love anymore since the new one was built. But Leah loved that she didn't have to wait in line for the slide...and went down it as many times as she wanted with no one in her way.
 And this mommy liked it because I could bring my camera and take pictures of my sweet girl playing, with no photo bombers! :)
 I even went down the slide a few times myself....and there was absolutely no one to judge (or laugh) at me. I only had one spectator...and she was full of encouragement. :)

And a few things I wanted to remember since Leah just turned 21 months"
1. Yesterday, I taught Leah how to say "I miss you!" She will say, "I miss you, Mommy.", "I miss you, Daddy".  It is the absolute sweetest thing I've ever heard.
2. Yesterday, CV was wearing a shirt that said "BOSS" on it. (Hugo Boss). Leah pointed at the shirt and said "Baaaaa...Baaaaa....(like she was sounding it out).....Boooossss".  CV and I both looked at each other and were like "CAN SHE READ????" Hahaha.  We are still a little shocked.
3. Leah likes to shorten phrases.  We play Peek-a-boo, but Leah will jump around the corner and shout "A-BOO".  She also used to say "Fishies" but now she just says the "sheees" part.
4. I think she has all her teeth, except her incisors (the sharp ones).
5. She is still in size 3 diapers but I'm going to upgrade her to size 4 as soon as we run out of size3.
6. She LOVES to go "Outside" and will demand her coat and want to put it on to go outside.
7. She is NOT good at riding in shopping carts. She wants to run free the whole time, which makes my shopping trips to Target a lot harder than before.

We just love our sweet little girl! Happy 21month birthday! :)

No comments: