Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Lately....and Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, everyone!
I've been off the grid for a few weeks so now I feel like I need a "Lately..." blog posting to catch everyone up with my life.
This blog post is great for all those (like me) who love lists.

My Life Lately:
+ I bought a brand new car and said goodbye to my old car of 9 years. It feels so good to buy a new car, but am I the only person who does NOT like the "new car smell"???
 
+ We celebrated the holidays!! I never blogged about NYE, Christmas, or even Thanksgiving. I'm a horrible blogger, ya'll. Haha. So here is the holidays in a nutshell:
+ Thanksgiving was spent with our "second family" in Cincinnati and it was lovely. It was fun seeing Leah eat her first real Thanksgiving dinner (last year she just drank milk!) And Leah loved petting their sweet family dog.
+ I partied hard one night! My besties were in town during Christmas and stayed the night on the 23rd. We went to Anchor in OTR for drinks, followed by dinner at Zula. Then we went downtown for bar hopping (literally stopped by every bar for a drink and a shot) and didn't get home until after 2:30am! This momma was TIRED! haha.
  

+ Christmas Eve was spent with CV's extended family and it was a lot of fun bc there are a lot of kids all around Leah's age. We had a BBQ dinner and had a fun white elephant gift exchange.
+ Christmas Day was spent with my two loves, opening presents and having lots of delish food and fun play time. CV bought me two necklaces that I wanted, and I bought him a MVMT watch.
Leah got everything from clothes and shoes, to arts and crafts, to a basketball hoop and fun toys.
+ I also bought CV a squatty potty and he says its the best present he's ever received. hahaha. Does anyone else have one???
+ I was off work the last week of the year, so Leah and I spent a lot of fun time together, then we traveled to Memphis to spend time with my family and celebrate a delayed Christmas.
+ We had a late Christmas dinner at my moms house with family.
 
+ And we Rang in the New Year in Memphis with my BFF, and Leah stayed the night over my moms house, (only the 2nd night away from mommy since she's been born!)
+ We also celebrated CV's birthday in Memphis by dining at Rendevous for BBQ, visiting the Memphis Pyramid (Bass Pro Shop) and going to the very top, and watching the Ohio State game
Welp, that seems to be all I can think of for now, so there you have it...you are now ALL CAUGHT UP with Jax. 
Now, I can focus more on the New Year and good things to come for 2017! :)
 

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy New Year to you! A new car is super exciting, but I'm with you on that smell. It makes me feel slightly car sick, actually. And oh my gosh, Leah. So cute and big, and I LOVE those shoes!

Erin LFF said...

I've missed you, Jax!!! :) Glad to catch up with your virtually, although I'd love to actually see you and some Cincy gals in person in 2017, thoughts? YAY for the new car!! It's been so long since I had one I don't remember the new car smell, but I think I like it-lol!