Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Second Annual OBX Vacation

If you follow me on instagram (jaxvollat) or snapchat (jvollat), then you already know I've spent some time recently vacationing in the Outer Banks of North Carolina (OBX). I thought we were going to have to cancel our trip last minute because our vacation was the week after the Hurricane hit - but luckily it didn't hit OBX too hard. We saw a lot of flooding while we were there, but luckily OBX was still in great shape for visitors.
We vacationed here last year with my husband's family...and we all returned again this year to celebrate my FIL's 70th birthday and have a second annual OBX family vacation.

Like last year, we rented two homes on the beach. Each home has 8 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 3 refrigerators, theater room, 12 televisions (which always seemed to be on football), shuffle board, pool table, arcade game, heated pool, hot tub, and walking distance to the beach!
I mean....talk about luxury! We are so lucky we get to stay in such nice homes.
Every day, I took a walk on the beach by myself and it was so nice to breathe in the fresh air and listen to the waves! Definitely my happy place.
 Our days mostly consisted of eating breakfast with the family, playing with bubbles/toys/cousins/dogs, swimming in the pool...
...going to the beach and watching the waves or the family play Frisbee or wiffle ball...

...eating lunch, watching football, going out to dinner - or having a big group dinner, playing shuffleboard/pool/watching more football, watching the sunset, and then making s'mores or sitting outside around the fire pit at night.

Some of my favorite memories from this vacation:
+ morning walks on the beach
+ finding a huge conch shell in the ocean
+ watching leah play with bubbles
+ leah having fun in the pool with Bebe
+ a fun lunch date with CV and Leah at a Mexican restaurant
+ beating CV and his cousin in shuffleboard
+ Matching family T-shirts
+ Ghost Crab walks
+ Italian dinner to celebrate the FILs birthday


It was the perfect escape from our regular work week....and it reminded me how important it is to take vacations to unwind and recharge.


2 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

Ugh, this makes me miss the beach! Looks like the most fun family trip! That house is GORGEOUS! So lucky!

Erin LFF said...

I was loving your snaps and updates! :) That beach house is so gorgeous!! I've never been to OBX but it looks amazing.