Monday, September 26, 2016

100 Things to Throw Away + CLOSET SALE

One thing about me that you didn't know.....
I LOVE getting rid of things!
Whether it's throwing something in the trash or giving it to charity. I LOVE IT.
Is that weird?
I've just always hated clutter and don't like to keep things that I don't use or doesn't fit, etc. So of course when I stumbled upon this blog post about "100 Things to Throw Away", I knew I wanted to share it on my blog.
Here are some of the things that need throwing away in our house that I can't wait to get rid of.
Some will be harder than others!
  • Old makeup/ones that you don’t use much 
  • Old nail polish 
  • Movies you don’t watch anymore (we have a ton of movies, planning to take them to a resale store to see if I can exchange them for cash)
  • Old manuals to electronics
  • Ticket stubs
  • Cards given to you with no sentimental value
  • Old t-shirts/ones you were given for free that you don’t wear
  • Unsubscribe from email subscriptions you don’t absolutely love
  • Old magazines
  • Boxes that you aren’t using to store anything in
  • Purses you don’t use
  • Old shoes 
  • Clothes that don’t fit you right now (that's why I'm having a closet sale - see at the bottom)
  • CD’s (yes, I still own CDs!)
  • Old paint
  • Soap/shampoo/conditioner from hotel rooms
  • Tissue paper/gift bags/bows that you’re going to “reuse”  (this is actually one thing I can't get rid of, we have so many but I really do think I will reuse them!) :)
  • Unused vases (eeek, another one that will be hard to get rid of, we have sooo many though)
  • Extra tupperware containers
  • Unused stationery, stickers, sticky notes
  • Books you have already read
  • Extra sets of headphones
  • Old prescription glasses
  • Loyalty cards you don’t use
  • Free samples
  • Excess decks of cards
  • Extra decorative pillows
  • Paper plates
  • Plastic forks/knives/spoons
  • Empty shoeboxes
  • Ornaments that have no sentimental meaning
  • Crafting supplies you bought for a project but don’t use anymore
  • Belts you don’t like
  • Hats you don’t wear
  • Random containers/jars
  • Extra matchbooks
  • Old, raggy towels (CV uses these outside, so we will keep ours!)
I've already started cleaning out my closet, and guess what?! I have a TON of dresses that I don't plan to wear again (some still have the tags on). I'm even getting rid of my beloved dress that I wore at my rehearsal dinner. I LOVE this dress, but I just don't know where I'd wear an ivory lace and pleated dress in the future? (If you can think of somewhere, I'll keep it!)
So please...stop by my instagram closet and SHOP so I can declutter my closet!
www.instagram.com/vollatclosetsale
I hope this little list and my closet sale inspires all of you to clean up and declutter! :)

2 comments:

Anne said...

Ooh I find such satisfaction in getting rid of excess stuff - which means I don't have a lot of it compared to some perhaps, but still when I look at a list like this there's so much more I could do. I'm starting in on my makeup and junk email subscriptions now!

Erin LFF said...

I LOVE getting rid of stuff. SO MUCH! haha- I try to add a few things to a donation box every week. We keep it near the entryway so I always see it/think to add to it. I'm going to look at your IG but I'm thinking all your amazing clothes won't be my size lol