Monday, June 20, 2016

11 months with Leah (delayed!)

If ya'll are wondering where I've been the last 2 months and why I haven't posted about Leah being 11 months old (5.13.16) - it's because this momma went BACK TO WORK! Which means Leah started a new gig as well, at a local daycare a few miles away from our house. So, Leah's 11 month update was postponed as getting this new schedule down has been really tough. Let's see if I can remember all the fun things Leah did that month! :)
11 Month Update:
(5/13/16)
Height/Weight: She's still pretty tiny at 16+ lbs. She's tall and thin like her daddy! :)
Diapers: Still in size 3
Clothing: In 12 month clothing, but all her 9 month pants still fit.
Eating: We are transitioning away from breastfeeding!! Leah now breastfeeds in the morning and at night, and has bottles of breastmilk during the day. She's not really great at drinking from a bottle - so we make sure to give her lots of water and foods that have a lot of fluids in it. (yogurt, fruit, etc)
Other that milk, she is eating 3x a day with 2 snacks. Her favorite snacks are yogurt, cheese and strawberries.

Sleep: Leah is still a great sleeper, but there have been several nights when she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to play. I usually take her for an hour - and then I wake up CV for his 1 hour shift. She's been teething so it's been keeping her up a little more at night.
Teeth: Speaking of teeth, Leah's two bottom teeth are very prominent. The top ones should be cutting through any day now.
Social: We all took a roadtrip to Memphis this month and got to spend time with Leah's cousins and other family. I had my FIRST night away from Leah, as my mom watched her one night so CV and I could party with my BFF.  She also started daycare of May 2nd! She wasn't too excited about daycare the first few weeks, luckily I could stop by on my lunch breaks - and daddy called 2x a day to check in. 
Other: Leah is still crawling and pulling herself up, and she loves holding our hands to walk around the house. She's not standing on her own yet, and still sometimes looses balance when she's holding onto something.
Health: Leah was SUPER sick with Roseola this month. It was her second week at daycare and she came home very very sick. Fever, throwing up milk, wouldn't eat or drink, it was horrible. We went to the doctor twice but with no luck - all they did was rule out strep throat. Luckily, my mom came up from Memphis to stay with us for an entire week to take care of Leah. It was such a blessing having her around and having someone help with Leah, especially since I just started a new job so I felt bad taking time off. Thanks Mom!!
Likes: Grandma, Paisley, Being rocked to sleep, Pointing at everything
Dislikes: Drinking from a bottle, Being Sick, Getting her snot sucked out, Teething

Be back soon with her ONE YEAR UPDATE!!!

2 comments:

Erin LFF said...

Can't believe she's a year already-- I'm sure you feel the same way ;) So happy things are going well with the transition to a new job and hopefully Leah likes daycare a little more now!!

Kayla MKOY said...

I hope she settles into her new daycare!! :) goodness Jax, she looks SO much like you!!! It's adorable!