Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Month Three with Leah

....a little late to this, but....

Leah is three months old! I can't believe how quickly the three month mark arrived. 

Each month gets better and better as Leah is healthy, growing and learning new things. I swear she knows what the word "smile" means; every time I say it she gives the cutest little crinkle nose smile. And if you giggle or do something funny, she giggles right along with you.
She also loves to talk and makes cute coo sounds all day.
She also had her first babysitting experience (two of our best friends watched Leah), it was only for 3 hours so me & CV could go to dinner for our 2 year anniversary. It was nice to have our first date night since the baby...and have my first and only drink since I got pregnant! 

Three Month Update:
Weight: According to my scale at home, 12.5lbs
Height: Waiting until our 4 month doctors appt.
Diapers: Still in Size 1
Clothing: I've officially packed up all your Newborn size clothing. You are wearing 0-3 and 3month clothing. And you are wearing some 3-6 month pajamas, since you are so tall.
Eating: You are still exclusively breastfed and eating every 2-3 hours. I'm hoping to get you on a better schedule this month and hopefully eat more less frequently.
Sleep: You are a great sleeper, we try to put you to bed around 9pm. You have been waking up once a night to eat, but you go straight back to sleep. You usually sleep 9-10 hours at night with one little snack around 4am.  You also take 2-3 naps a day on the couch and I usually nap right along with you for one of them.
Social: We had a clambake at our house over Labor Day weekend, and you were a big hit! It was a lot of people's first time meeting you and you didn't cry at all that day. You were a perfect little baby.
Daddy: If you wake up in the middle of the night, daddy is the one who wakes up to pick you up and change your diaper...and then delivers you to mommy so I can feed you. He's always on morning diaper duty so he can spend time with you before he goes to work. He also loves strolling you around the neighborhood. We take turns pushing the stroller or walking the dog. :)
Mommy: I started "working from home" at week 8 and everything has been very easy with that. I can't even imagine having to go back to work right now and sending you to daycare, so I'm pretty happy about the opportunity to stay home for the rest of the year. (Still planning to find a new job in the first of the year.)
I'm still at a standstill with my weight...I lost 3 pounds this month so I have 7 more pounds of baby weight to go!
Likes: Bath time, talking, smiling, giggling, putting weight on your legs, watching TV, strolls around the neighborhood, ceiling fans, getting her diaper changed
Dislikes: sitting in her car seat, being hot, not being held, being tired
 

Be back soon with my Month 4 update, since it's next week!!

6 comments:

brittany @ g squared said...

She is gorgeous! SO glad things are going well :)

Alyssa Long said...

She's so beautiful!!!!!!

Tab said...

She's gorgeous!

Jess Scott said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Watch out, Momma!! You are going to be in trouble one day!

Candice Lynn said...

she's pretty much perfect.

Andrea Marvin said...

Such lovely photos of her! Congratulations!