Friday, June 19, 2015

Pregnancy Journal: Weeks 39-40

(I wrote this the night before my due date, and wasn't able to post it since I went into labor...so enjoy the delayed 40 week bump date!)

Happy 40 Weeks Pregnant to ME!!!
This weeks pictures look a little different this week because we took these AFTER my water broke!! I couldn't leave for the hospital until I took my 40 week pictures. Haha. And since we were in a rush, CV took the pics instead of using my tripod, which is why they look a little different.  I'm so glad we took my last pictures with the bump!

Size of Baby: Watermelon (39w) and Jackfruit (40w)
GenderIt's a Girl
Feeling: I've actually had a pretty great last two weeks, sure I'm uncomfortable and tired but all-in-all I'm feeling pretty great!
Symptoms: Lower back pain, swollen legs/feet/hands. My belly button is still flat - no outie for me. As of my 40 week doctors appointment at 39w6d, I still haven't dilated at all. I wish that was one symptom I had - I'm ready to meet this little girl!
Stretch Marks: None that I can see, and I'm super happy about that! 

Movement: Lots of baby movements, mostly at night when I'm reclined or laying on my side.
Cravings: Still Watermelon...and ice cream, or anything cold! I've been craving bad-for-you foods lately...like fast food and greasy pizza! But I'm "trying" to resist!
Highlights: Getting out of the house and being social! We went to a birthday party at Eli's BBQ, out to dinner with friends, had friends over for dinner, etc. I'm so happy we are being social in the last few weeks, it sure does take my mind off of the "waiting game"!
Looking forward to: DELIVERY! I can't wait to meet this little girl and meet eyes with her for the first time! I'm also looking forward to our birth photography in the hospital because I know those are photos I will treasure for the rest of my life. (You guys know I love photos, right?!)
The doctor said if she doesn't come out on her own in the next week, I will be induced next Thursday!
I'm hoping baby is prompt and will make her debut sometime today (or this weekend, puhleeassee???) Only time will tell.  
Follow me on Instagram to keep up to date!

And one last photo minutes before we left for the hospital! :)
Stay tuned for my birth story!!

See my previous weeks here:Weeks 4-12 // Weeks 13-14 // Weeks 15-16 // Weeks 17-18 // Week 19
Week 20 // Weeks 21-22 // Weeks 23-24 // Weeks 25-26 // Weeks 27-28 // Weeks 29-30

4 comments:

Kayla MKOY said...

These were after your water broke?! HA! That is awesome. I hope your next picture post looks just like these but instead of a 40 week bump you've got your sweet little girl in those hands...she is perfect, Jax!!! I know you're going to be such an awesome momma!! Can't even wait to read the birth story.

Health, Love & Fire said...

I can't believe how great you look after your water had broke and you were getting ready to head to the hospital! Can't wait to read your birth story and see more pictures of your beautiful little girl!

Brittany said...

I hope I look half this excited and gorgeous after my water breaks! So excited for your little family!

Allison said...

This is SO something I would do!!! Haha. Love that you took that shot after your water broke. Dang girl! Haha. Love seeing the pictures of your girl!!