Friday, May 15, 2015

The NINTH month - To Do List

I'm NINE months pregnant today!
NINE!!! Nine has been my favorite or "lucky" number since I was little, but now that number is somewhat terrifying.  How in the world am I in the ninth month of pregnancy??
 
Although I am counting down the days until we get to meet our sweet little baby. I'm also counting down the days we have left to complete everything we need to do.
There is just so much on our to-do-list...and who knows if I'll be two weeks early or two weeks late...so it's really hard to know how much time we have left.
Here are the things I hope to better accomplish in the next few weeks!
 
House Related:
+ Bathroom Renovation: Our bathroom renovation is in the works and I'm kinda anxious about it because I 100% NEED it to be completed at least a week before baby arrives! I don't want contractors at our house when we are at the hospital and I definitely don't want contractors at the house when we are home with our newborn baby.  Soooo....this renovation needs to be done ASAP!!!
+ Painting:  There are a few things on my list that I'd like to paint before baby arrives.  The wainscoting in our dining room, one more coat on the closet doors in the nursery, and a few touch ups here and there. And of course we need to paint the bathroom too, that's the part of the renovation that we are taking care of.
+ Guest Room Ready:  The guest room is already ready for visitors, but I would love to buy a luggage rack and I need to wash the sheets before anyone comes to stay.
+ Clean the Whole House: I plan to do a little cleaning every day to maintain the cleanliness. I definitely don't want to come home from the hospital to a dirty house!
+ Groceries: We need to seriously stock up on groceries. For me and for all our visitors.
***On a happier note: The renovated kitchen and new guest room look amazing, the landscaping looks amazing (thanks to the hubs), the nursery is 99% done (pics coming soon!) and some of the other rooms are in great shape!
 
Baby Related:
+ Car Seat Installation
+ Purchase of second car seat base (& install that one too)
+ Wash one last load of baby laundry
+ Find a Pediatrician: Yeah I'm a huge procrastinator on this one, but I have it narrowed down to three doctors and I just need to meet them and pick one!
+ Pack My Hospital Bag
+ Pack Baby's Hospital Bag
+ Purchase post-pregnancy items for myself
+ Research Lactation Consultants
+ Wash Bottles / Pump Parts / etc.
+ Buy A Gift for the baby: Sure we've purchased a million things "for the baby", but nothing is really a "gift".  So I really wanted to go and buy her something as her first gift from her parents. I already have something in mind...I just have to find it! :)
***On a happier note: We purchased everything left from our registries. We hung the baby monitor. We have a small stockpile of diapers and wipes. The pack n' play is set up in our bedroom.
WE ARE READY TO GO!

Jax Related:
+ Massage: I want to feel good in my last month of pregnancy, so I plan to schedule two more prenatal massages. One at 37 weeks and one at 39 weeks! :)
+ Mani/Pedi: My hands and toes need to look good for those newborn photos at the hospital - and I just feel a lot better about myself when I'm all cleaned up! So this needs to happen 1-2 times this month!
+ Date Nights:  I would love some quality date nights with the hubby this month, as it will be the last time we can go to dinner without the baby...or without paying a babysitter!
+ Take Walks: I'm usually exhausted when I get home from work, but I really need to push myself out the door and take walks for exercise. And our sweet Paisley would enjoy this too!
+ Relax: I'm actually pretty good at relaxing and getting plenty of sleep, but with our to-do list being pretty long, I'm hoping I still find time to relax and make the baby feel comfortable in her last weeks on the inside! :)

That's all my thoughts for today!
See you next week!


5 comments:

Meredith said...

girl you look great!! Can't wait, so exciting. Enjoy this time!!

Candice Lynn said...

I cannot wait to meet this sweet baby! and you look amazing as always. love you, friend!

Erin LFF said...

SO SO EXCITED for you Jax! :) You look great and I hope you can cross off lots of these items but still relax and get pampered these last few weeks too! :)

Brittany said...

Wooo! You're getting so close! I love that you're buying her a real gift for her birthday. So precious. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one soon! :)

JenniferMeyer1213 said...

Hey! If you are delivering where I did, I had a suggestion on LC's- DEMAND to see someone ASAP. I was told that they couldn't see me until the day I was being discharged, and I kept calling the 513-862-PUMP number and telling nurses I wanted an LC until they sent someone. Don't be afraid to be pushy! It is your baby!