Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Maternity Photos

I have a strong stance on maternity photos - I 110% wanted them and I wasn't going to take no for an answer. (I had the same stance on our engagement photos!) My husband doesn't enjoy getting his photo taken at all, but luckily he is a pretty great husband and let's me call the shots every once in a while. (In plus, he knew how much I loved photography before he married me!)
 
Luckily, our wedding photographer offers a 30-minute mini-session for her past clients twice a year. And it just so happened the date she picked to do them was right after my 32 weeks of being pregnant! The perfect time for maternity photos!
(And yes - if your photographer knows what they are doing - 30 minutes is plenty of time for a session!)
 
We booked the first session of the day and got to shooting!
I absolutely loved these trees with the beautiful flowers!
 
And this tree...and the background trees....LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
   
I absolutely adore these photos and that it captures the love and joy we have for this tiny human growing inside of me.  I look forward to the day we can show these to our little daughter - point to my stomach - and say "that's YOU"!

10 comments:

P!nky said...

Gorgeous! I love the backdrop and you both look fabulous :)!

Brittany said...

You're such a gorgeous couple! These pictures are beautiful and you'll never regret capturing such an amazing time in your lives!

Erin LFF said...

So beautiful, every last one of these!! You guys look amazing, seriously- these could be in magazines!! :) Jared is not big on pictures either, but he's coming around to them slowly but surely hehe.

Sarah said...

Beautiful! Love them!

Kayla MKOY said...

I love these! I did an engagement session in that exact spot once! I love it. You look amazing, girl! It cracks me up that my husband totally knows what he's doing with a camera now and loves shooting but doesn't always LOVE having his own photo taken ;)

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

so, so beautiful, mama! xx

Shelley said...

Were these taken out at Spring Grove Cemetery? Regardless they are gorgeous and you are glowing!

Brianne Bracco said...

These are absolutely beautiful!! You look gorgeous my friend!

Anne said...

GORGEOUS. And how great that the timing worked out with such perfect blooming trees.

Also, of COURSE you had to have maternity photos. Thankful for hubbies who put up with such stuff - you saw how mine felt about it :)

Kristen said...

you look beautiful! gorgeous shots!