Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Our Kitchen Renovation (Part II) - The Finale

It's been a while since I updated you on our kitchen renovation we started back in November.
To refresh: here was our original kitchen, and here is our renovation part one!
 I haven't blogged about our kitchen since December, mainly because our last few cabinets fronts were on backorder and we weren't able to receive them until March!! (complete ridiculousness if you ask me!)  But - we did have a completely working kitchen so I can't be too mad about it. 
Here are the our current kitchen updates and photos of our renovated kitchen!! 
January:
+ Countertops were installed!! Woohooo!!
+ This also means the sink and the dishwasher were permanently installed too, as they needed the countertops there in order to mount them both correctly.
February:
+ A lot of angry phone calls regarding our remaining cabinets, as they were supposed to be ready last month.
+ Several trips to Home Depot and Lowes to look at backsplash.

March:
+ Our remaining cabinets are finally ready!!
+ Remaining cabinets are installed!
+ We finally decide on our backsplash! Actually - we picked out the one we really wanted that was $13/sqft. We needed 37sqft total which would have been around $500 for just the material.  But when we went back to buy it - we didn't really like it anymore and decided on another one that was $6/sqft. Saving us over $250! Go us!!!
+ Backsplash was installed!!

April:
+ Floor Baseboards were installed.
+ Crown Molding and door frames were painted.
+Victory dances to celebrate the kitchen being COMPLETED!! :)
Five months to get from THIS to THIS:

Here are some panoramic photos I took with my iPhone so you can see the full room:
 The door to the left leads you into our bonus room with the white fireplace! :)
The door to the right leads you into our dining room.
And if you do a 180 and turn around - you will be looking out a big window into our backyard.

Do you love our new kitchen as much as I do????
I absolutely looooooove it!!!


11 comments:

Anne said...

LOVE IT. You guys did such a great job! Love the overall feel/colors and especially the gorgeous backsplash and sink. Saving this for inspiration for my next kitchen for sure!

Pamela said...

ahh, LOVE!

Jess Scott said...

It's GORGEOUS!! White, bright kitchens make cooking and cleaning a lot easier!! :) Isn't is crazy ridiculous how long it takes some things to come in? We waited EIGHT WEEKS for our front door. Seriously? It was nothing special, but they didn't have it in stock. Crazy!

Kayla MKOY said...

I am OBSESSED!!!! I'm convinced that white kitchens are my love language! ;)

Brianne Bracco said...

Beautiful!!!! It turned out amazing and I'm so obsessed with your cabinets!

Erin LFF said...

Sooo gorgeous! I love all your choices- and I'm especially loving the backsplash you ended up with!

Health, Love & Fire said...

Your kitchen turned out so gorgeous!!! I love the cabinets you choose and your countertops! It all just fits the space perfectly!

Sarah said...

Beautiful!! Did you guys go through Ikea?

Brittany said...

This is gorgeous! Congrats! All the hard work (and waiting) paid off! It looks amazing! :)

Mary said...

It's so fabulous! Basically you have my dream kitchen! haha

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Looks great! Awesome job!