Monday, April 27, 2015

Baby Shower #3

My third and final baby shower was so spectacular!
This baby shower was hosted by our "second family" in Cincinnati who couldn't have been more generous and loving to us throughout our marriage - and with the news of our new baby! I absolutely loved the sweet shower they threw for me - with all of CV's family and my Cincinnati friends.
Since a lot of my guests didn't know each other - a cute little game was created to meet someone new. When guests arrived they were asked to pick a sock from the bowl....after drinks were served and the mingling began....they were asked to find their sock partner! It gave everyone a chance to meet someone new - then - all the socks were paired and went back into the bowl that I got to take home! :) Yay for all these precious socks!
After mingling - we had a fancy sit-down lunch. Our meal was a chicken, beet and spinach salad, topped with pears, candied walnuts and a delish dressing.  We also had an assortment of bread on the table. It was such a delicious lunch and I loved that everyone got to sit down and eat together!
(There were also personalized cookies and other personalized things at the shower - but since they give away the babies' name I chose not to share those pictures!) :)
 Then, there was present opening...
 Followed by the best part of all - a baby food demonstration!
A chef was there who showed us how to make our own baby food.  We made acorn squash & apple puree with a pinch of cinnamon! I even got to blend it up! It was so much fun and definitely a different spin to a baby shower!
I had such an amazing time showering little baby V the last three weeks. We have so much love pouring from our family and friends. I seriously can't wait for her to arrive and to meet all these amazing people!!

xoxo!

8 comments:

Jess Scott said...

SO FUn!!! I LOVE the sock "game." I've never heard of it before, but it sounds perfect!! And how cool that someone showed you how to make baby food....what a perfect baby shower!! :)

Pamela said...

what a neat shower!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful shower!

Kayla MKOY said...

Another shower full of so much love!!! You look so happy :) I'm thrilled for you!!!

Anne said...

Oh my gosh that food (okay, and everything else) looks gorgeous! And I love that sock game idea. Definitely will have to remember - I'm sure it could be easily adapted to be a wedding shower mixer too!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

What a beautiful shower!

Brittany said...

She's already so, so loved! What a lucky girl! I can't get over how cute the baby socks idea is!

Erin LFF said...

What a fun unique shower! The sock game, the baby food demonstration, and the menu?! Perfect! :)