Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pregnancy Journal: Weeks 27-28

Weeks 27-28
Hellloooooooo Third Trimester!!

Size of Baby:  Rutabaga (27w) and Eggplant (28w)...about 2.5 lbs and 16" long! 
Gender: It's a Girl
Feeling: Always happy and blessed!
Weight: +22 pounds total
Maternity Clothes: A mix of non-maternity and maternity items.
Sleep: Sleep is becoming more and more difficult lately. Getting comfortable when there is a 20 pound basketball on your body is not easy! I've been using the BumpNest Pillow for a while - but honestly I just think it's ok. It's super hard to change sides with no pillow - but try doing that with a very large pillow that's wrapped around you...it's impossible!!! Once you are cozy in it - it's great....just don't move!!  I recently got a new pillow called the Belly Rest pillow and so far I really like it. It's so much smaller and just goes around your stomach, which makes it easy to move around, and it helps me stay on my side - as I am a back sleeper. So far so good! :)
Symptoms: Ohhhhh geez...the symptoms have really started! I've had round ligament pain and a lot of tail bone pain! I was sick for a week - so that might have made my symptoms a lot worse - but it was definitely not fun having shooting pains throughout your body when you made a too-quick or wrong movement. Good thing I had some prenatal massage gift cards to use to help with the pain!
Stretch Marks: None so far thanks to all my special stretch mark creams!! I just got a new cream called Dream Belly Butter and it is amazing. It's really thick so like using it the most at night - and it has the most heavenly smell! I definitely recommend it!
Movement: Lots of kicking/punching/dancing going on...
Highlights: Finishing our five childbirth classes and creating a piece of artwork for the nursery!
Looking forward to: My baby showers!! My first baby shower is at the end of this month and I can't wait to see my friends and celebrate little baby V.
See you in two weeks for my 30 week update!! Yay!!

See my previous weeks here:
Weeks 4-12 // Weeks 13-14 // Weeks 15-16 // Weeks 17-18 // Week 19
Week 20 // Week 21-22 // Week 23-24 // Week 25-26

7 comments:

Jess Scott said...

You look GREAT!!! Colds while pregnant are no good...I am SO jealous you had a massage to ease the pain. ;)

P!nky said...

You look amazing, lady!!!!

Hooray for baby showers!

Meredith said...

You look amazing!!!

Health, Love & Fire said...

You look awesome! I can't believe you're already in your third trimester! It's amazing how fast time passes!

Erin LFF said...

SO Pretty!! :) I can't wait to hear about your upcoming baby showers and see all the cute goodies you and lil miss get! :)

Kayla MKOY said...

You seriously have the cutest self-portrait pregnant shots ever! ;) love it!!! Hope to see you once more before that little gal makes her way into the world -- I was not feeling well at all tonight. Hope you ladies had a BLAST!

Ericka said...

You look great! Can't believe you are in your third trimester already.