Wednesday, March 25, 2015

{Before/After} Guest Room 2.0

Remember my beautiful guest room that I loved???
Well, after some back and forth, we decided to move our guest room down the hall to our third bedroom (my office).
The new guest room is a tiny bit little smaller, is located in the corner of the house (so it has two walls with windows), and has a more inconvenient closet location (since you have to close the main door a little to open one half of the closet). All reasons why we decided the baby should have the bigger and better bedroom.
We had already painted the walls a mint color for the office/future nursery - so we kept the color the same and just moved all the furniture in. Luckily, the mint color still looked good AND there was still room for my tiny little office in the corner!!! I'm super happy about that because if it didn't work, my office was going to get the boot to the basement.

For dramatic effect...here is what this room looked like when we moved in:

And here's what the new guest room/office looks like now!! :)


  


 

I actually love the way the new guest room/mini office turned out.
It's a little bit cozier and has a lot of natural lighting.
The only things left on my to-do list is to buy a new office chair, (one that will tuck into the desk to offer more room for guests) buy some curtains (maybe) and buy a luggage rack for my guests!

Still want to come visit????

***Most of my sources are listed in the original blog post. Other items are:
White Picture Frames: HomeGoods // Flower Paintings: Etsy Shop theArtofMichelle 
Desk: Wayfair // Chair: Goodwill find with DIY upholstering // Green Basket: HomeGoods // Magnet Board above desk: Ikea

10 comments:

Julie Leatherberry said...

What is the name of the paint color? It gives just the right pop of color!

Rachel T. said...

Looks great! So Springy :)

Anne said...

It does all look SO good with that paint color! I really loved the navy you picked, but this mint is so fresh and fun too - isn't it amazing how a little paint can make the same furniture/bedding feel like a whole new thing?

Meredith said...

looks great, love it!

Health, Love & Fire said...

I love the way this turned out and how you used such a fun bright color pallet! It definitely will make guests want to come stay with you!!

Brianne Bracco said...

Wow it looks great!! I'm loving all the bright colors! :)

Brittany said...

I absolutely love the mint with the pink pillows! So pretty and gets me in the mood for spring!

Kayla MKOY said...

I LOVE the mint! And those night stand tables?! Perfect!!!! I want them. :) I need an office. I wish we didn't have ugly popcorn apartment walls or I'd be painting every room a new color, hehe!

Erin LFF said...

It looks so great! The mint looks just as pretty as the navy did :)

Ericka said...

It looks so good! So nice that everything matched the paint color that was already there so you didn't have to worry about painting :)