Monday, February 2, 2015

One Year Since Surgery

It is the one year anniversary of this happening.
The day I called 911 for my husband...
The day my husband had to be carried out of our house in a stretcher...
The day I sat in a hospital waiting room for 4 hours waiting and waiting for answers...
The day my husband had emergency surgery...
...and lost 1/3 of his stomach...
The day I could have lost him.
The day that I experienced horrible memories that I never want to relive.
...and thoughts that I wish never crossed my mind.
But that's exactly why today I sit here and am thankful and happy.
 It's been a year since the surgery...and today my husband is happy and healthy!
His 10" scar is healing, his eating habits have changed but he's learned how to manage it, and his new perspective on life is positive! :)
 I couldn't feel more blessed to have this amazing man in my life.
I love you forever, CV.


8 comments:

Erin LFF said...

Love you guys and I'm so thankful for CV's health and recovery!!! :)

P!nky said...

so glad he's healthy!!! <3

Brittany said...

So scary, but such a great reminder to be thankful for the time we have! :)

Kayla MKOY said...

So so so thankful for his recovery! He's doing great! :) happy for you both!!

Jessi @ Jessi's Design said...

Oh my word! So thankful everything is ok and he is well! Have a great day pretty lady! xo

Jess Scott said...

I just came across your blog and can't wait to read more!! You two are just adorable - I am so glad everything turned out ok last February!!!

Allison said...

And now he is going to be a Daddy! :) So glad he recovered and is doing well.

kamala sri said...

do you know god is great God always create good things Jesus gives his holy blessings then he becomes healthy AMEN
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY SMS
live streaming cricket world cricket 2015
ICC cricket 2015 live score