Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Birthday...

I never talked about my birthday...so let's do that.
CV and I, along with our besties A&A, went to dinner at Coopers Hawk to celebrate my birthday. When we were seated at the table, there was a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me! :) (CV dropped them off at the restaurant earlier that day!!) What a sweetie!
 They also gave me a complimentary dessert of chocolate covered strawberries and truffles...and a little note written on a tiny piece of chocolate. :)  I definitely recommend the restaurant for my Cincinnati locals! :)
CV also spoiled me with some amazing gifts! I typically always have nice sunglasses, but I usually buy them at TJ Maxx or on major sale...because I never splurge on clothes/shoes/accessories for myself.  But luckily I have an amazing husband that said I deserved a really nice pair of sunglasses - so we went to Macy's and tried some on - and I went home with some new beauties! :)
He also bought me an amazing smelling candle too. He's a keeper!
The next day, my preggo friend Alison and I went to Woodhouse Day Spa (best massages in the city!) for facials and prenatal massages. This was my second parental massage and it was wonderful (even though it was done by a guy - which I don't typically prefer.) We followed it up by going to lunch and chatting the afternoon away.
 
Also, for my birthday, I had some super sweet friends treat me to meals! My friend/coworker, Sam, took me to lunch the day before my birthday. My girl, Mimi, drove downtown during the week to take me to lunch.  And my girls, Sara & Ashley, took me to dinner that week and pampered me with a pedicure gift certificate.  I certainly have amazing friends! :)
 
And the weekend was also the Superbowl, (and the 1 year anniversary of CV's surgery), so we had a few friends over and spent the night watching the game!
 
It was definitely a great 32nd birthday, and probably my only birthday in the last 11 years where I haven't celebrated with a glass of champagne/wine/margarita! haha. 
I can only imagine how different all my future birthdays will be....


8 comments:

Brianne Bracco said...

Yay for a great birthday!! And points to the hubs for awesome gifts! ;)

xoxo

Brittany said...

That sounds like a dreamy birthday to me! I've never been to Coopers Hawk, but it's on my list...and a massage always sound phenomenal!

Kayla MKOY said...

Goodness your man knows how to do birthdays right!!!! Love when Caleb gets me candles :) that's so sweet!!!!!

P!nky said...

Happy belated bday. Love the flowers, candle and sunglasses. Well done, to your husband.

Anne said...

I'm all about treating yourself (or letting hubbies treat!) for a birthday, and it sounds like you did it up right, girl! Minus the lack of a margarita, this all sounds perfect :) Happy birthday to you!

Laura said...

Looks like a pretty great birthday! Jealous of those shades. :-)

Erin LFF said...

So glad you got pampered and spoiled by so many friends and family :) You deserve it!! I still have yet to visit Coopers Hawk, btw!

Pamela said...

aww sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!