Friday, January 23, 2015

Five Things...

Starting this Friday with 5 random thoughts...

1. New Years Resolutions:
I didn't really make any official resolutions this year, but I do have some stuck in the back of my mind like:
+ Be an amazing wife
+ Eat healthy
+ Be active
+ Lose the baby weight (Post Pregnancy)
+ Search for a new job (since this happened)
+ Use my camera on our life more (and not always just the lives of others)
+ Relax
Pretty much, I just want to be my best self this year...I'll be bringing a daughter into the world this summer and I want her to meet the best ME!
 
2. Project Nursery:
CV was out of town for a week, and I had MLK day off work...so I did what any impatient pregnant person would do and got out my husbands toolbox and put together the dresser/changing table for the nursery!
I'm pretty sure everyone owns this dresser. (and if you do - then you know what a beast it was to put it together all by myself!!) Everytime I look at Pinterest I see this dresser everywhere and I know several friends who have it.  I guess it just confirms what a great dresser it is! (And at $230 you can't beat that!!)
*BUT I can say....if you're using it for a changing table like many people are...it is VERY TALL.  I'm only 5'1'', so after I put it together I was kinda disappointed on how tall the dresser was. It might be too tall for me to change the baby on. We will see! If so, I guess CV will be in charge of diaper duty! :)
 
3. Baby Clothes:
I've actually been really good about NOT buying any baby clothes. (I'm trying not to buy any since my sister has a lot of hand-me-downs...and who knows what adorable outfits I'll receive at baby showers!) So far, I've only purchased FIVE things! That's pretty good, right???

4. Photography Update:
I haven't been behind the camera lately.  My last session in 2014 was in early November - and due to the winter weather - I had to cancel the rest of my sessions in November and December since all my customers had little babies. (and I don't do indoor portrait sessions). (AND I didn't mind at all since I had no clue when I was going to be feeling "morning sick".) So, the camera has been sitting on my desk for a while - not getting much use.
The update for 2015? Well, I really don't know what will happen with my business after the baby. Photography is a side hobby for me (that I love) but I can't imagine I would want to leave my baby at home while I go take pictures of someone else's baby/family. But who knows, maybe I will enjoy the break....and maybe I will need the creative outlet and the extra money.  I may just have to play this year by ear and see where photography takes me.
But I do have a few sessions scheduled on my calendar for the Spring that I'm pretty excited about! :)

5. Our Kitchen:
Yes...our kitchen is still in the works. (ALMOST DONE!)  We had our countertops installed last week and let me just say - that is a relief!!! We had to put plywood & some extra cabinet stuff to act as a countertop for the past month.  Sure, it did it's job, but it wasn't easy on the eyes.
So finally our countertops are here!!!!! Hooorayyy!!!
Now, we are just waiting on 5 more things......and then we can begin the backsplash & lighting!!


9 comments:

Anne said...

Yay for kitchen almost done! Can't wait to see the reveal.

And yes, I am super impressed you put that dresser together yourself. I made Peter do it, but I had a much bigger belly by the time we got ours :) And I was a bit concerned about the height too at first, being about your size, but I've gotten used to it. Perhaps not IDEAL, but it's worked out fine. The storage space is worth it! (Hendrik's nursery has no closet, so it's really a must for us.)

Jillian said...

i love that dresser!! we have the nightstands in our bedroom. xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a RapidLash giveaway on cornflake dreams

Meredith said...

love the dresser, can't wait to see more baby post.

Meg Taylor said...

Happy Friday! I love that dresser!! I have the day bed from that same set and absolutely love it for our guest room. I'm 5' 1" too, so I feel the pain... we have a permanent step stool for me in our 9' tall ceiling kitchen haha!

Erin LFF said...

I weirdly enjoy the craziness of putting together furniture- lol! Jared and I got a few things from Ikea a couple years ago and he got super frustrated that I was flying through it and he was stuck on like step 2 ;) Hehe! I am very impressed you've only bought 5 things.. I feel like I'll drain our bank account the day I find out I'm pregnant lol!

Brianne Bracco said...

I can't wait to see the kitchen!!

Brittany said...

That dresser truly is adorable. I hope it works out for changing and if not, I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have the Mr. do most of the changing. ;) Haha...have a great weekend, Jax!

Kayla MKOY said...

Love the dresser! Go you ;) and I can't wait to see the result of these 2015 Spring photo shoots!!! ;)

Sarah Tucker said...

Can't wait to see the kitchen!!