Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Telling My Husband I am Pregnant!

*First, thanks for all the comments on yesterday's news!! I got so much love from all my blog-besties on instagram and the ole blog and I'm feeling so loved! Thank you a million!!!
If you're interested on how we found out and how I told my husband...keep reading!

(I wrote this post on October 8th, 2014)
It was October 2nd, I wasn't "late" yet, but that box in my cabinet that says "Find Out 6 Days Before Your Missed Period" was calling my name.  I was a pro at taking pregnancy tests at this point...and also a pro at having no patience and taking them too early too. So when I woke up this day (a few days before I was supposed to start) I knew I wanted to take another test.

I took the test, stared at it for 10 seconds and it showed me one stupid little line. Ugh! I put it on the counter and got in the shower to get ready for work. Even when I was in the shower - I opened the curtain and tried to look at it from two feet away (ha!)...and I still only saw one distinct line. Ugh again! So I got out of the shower, and proceed to get ready for work. I picked up the test to throw it away, glanced at it one last time... AND THERE IT WAS....the faintest little line to show me that I was pregnant!!!
Oh my gosh!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!!

Chris and I get ready in two different bathrooms, but right when I opened my bathroom door, he was walking over to give me a good-morning-kiss. I immediately threw my pajamas on the counter to hide the test - it was SUPER hard not to tell him right then and there. (And I literally paced the hallway back and forth while he was in the front yard with the dog...wondering if I should tell him RIGHT NOW!) But I knew I didn't want to tell him while wearing a towel, with wet hair...and with him leaving in 5 minutes to go to work. So...I waited until that night.

(meanwhile...the work day was the longest day ever!)

I went to the bookstore on the way home from work to pick up a little gift. When I came home CV was taking a nap in bed. I seriously couldn't wait any longer - so about 5 minutes after he woke up - I told him I got him a little gift today. He was confused and sat up in bed to open his gift....
He didn't even take it out of the bag...he looked at it for a few seconds. Then, looked up at me and said "ARE YOU PREGNANT?????" with this really puzzling look on his face.
I nodded and started crying. (the hormones, people!)
It took him a few minutes for the news to set in...I even had to show him the positive pregnancy test to confirm that I was indeed pregnant! :)
Then, we went out to dinner to celebrate and couldn't talk about anything but babies and pregnancy!

...and the next day....my sweet husband came home with beautiful flowers for his pregnant wife! :)
...and two days later, I took one more test just to be sure. Haha.
Still positive! :)  
(here are the books I got CV as a gift)
It was definitely a wonderful week filled with exciting, yet shocking news! Reality still hasn't set in yet, but we are so excited for this journey to begin! We feel so blessed!
********
P.S. To those who are having trouble getting pregnant or have had bumps in the road...
...I will continue to think of and pray for you and your family. xoxo. 

8 comments:

Pamela said...

awww love the pictures of him opening the gift!!

Meredith said...

congrats to yall!!!

Health, Love & Fire said...

I love everything about this post, and I am so glad I am not the only one who gets so impatient waiting till I can take a test that I end up taking it early. I love how you told him & am so excited for both of you!

Katie said...

I can so relate! I took my test at noon on a Friday and Derek didn't get home until 10:45PM(!!!) that night from work. It was seriously the longest day ever. So much fun to tell though! Something we'll never forget

Brittany said...

This is so exciting! Those flowers he got you are GORGEOUS!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Aww how exciting! Congrats to you both!

Erin LFF said...

Love this. Love it, love it LOVE IT!! :) I would have been dying, waiting all day to tell him! lol

Anne said...

I love this! How great that you have it written down (and photo documented!) for memory's sake. I had a similar experience with lots of practice taking pregnancy tests and planning one for a Sunday morning that Peter was gone at work (so I didn't have to tell him about it when it was negative). Major shock when it wasn't (quickly followed by a second test - of a different brand! - to confirm) I didn't want to text him or something so saved the news for when he came home that evening - but I couldn't manage to do anything but just blurt it out when he walked in. I love that you came up with a sweet little gift. And then a dinner to celebrate is perfect. Congrats again! So fun. (Except the feeling sick part.)