Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pregnancy Journal: Weeks 13-14

I don't know how good I will be with completing my weekly bump-updates throughout the entire pregnancy...but here are weeks 13-14. :)
(I skipped a lot of the categories like gender/movement/nursery/etc since it's too early for those!)
Week 13:
Size of baby: Peach
Weight gain: I have no idea since the battery in our scale died...but I'm going to the doctor next week so I should know soon.
Feeling: Feeling so much better this week, a little tired, but I can't complain.
Maternity Clothes: Still doing the rubber band/hair tie trick on my jeans.
Symptoms: A three day headache and feeling itchy.
Sleep: Sleeping like a log!
Highlights: Finishing the first trimester!! I'm so happy to say good-bye to the first 1/3 of my pregnancy!! Bring on the second trimester - where everyone says I will start to feel better! :)
(no official "bump" photos, but we took these pics at week 13.)

Week 14:
Size of baby: Lemon
Weight gain: I was weighed at the doctors, but the nurse told me that scale is usually 2-3 pounds heavier. Soooooo I assume I've gained about 5 pounds total - which is right on track.
Feeling: Feeling better and better every day. No throwing up this week helps! The second trimester has been good to me so far! :)
Maternity Clothes: All of my tops still fit, but my pants are getting quite snug. Probably only have another week in regular jeans.
Symptoms: Feeling a little achy and tired....and being very emotional. I've cried a lot this week - some were for a legitimate reason, and some were not.
Sleep: My favorite thing to do right now...and I'm really good at it. I fall asleep on the couch every night and CV has to wake me up and get me to bed!
What I miss: Sleeping on my back...it's going to take some practice to sleep on my side. (yes, non-mom friends - you're not allowed to sleep on your back! I just learned this too!)
Highlights: My husband being amazing and giving me long foot rubs every night! :)
Hearing the heartbeat at the doctors appointment, the first time it took her several minutes to find the heartbeat - but this time it took her 1 second...the baby was all the way up front! (150bps!)
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender! We find out at Week 16!!!

(and again - I've been slacking on taking bump photos! I'll take one next week - I promise!) :)

2 comments:

brittany @ g squared said...

When you find out the gender everything will get sooooo real. Best moment!

Allison said...

Yes, please get on taking those bump photos because I want to see them! :) Yay for foot rubs every night! You deserve it...I mean you are growing a human right?