Monday, December 15, 2014

My J.O.B. (or lackthereof)

I've been working for a media company for the past 7 years...
...and for the most part I've loved it.
(modeling our logo)
(volunteering for our "change the world" program)
 
I have the best boss in the world, the dress code is casual (yay for jeans and toms!), I get a lot of vacation days (more than anyone else I know), I can roll in the office at 45minutes late and I don't get any weird looks, we get lots of perks (free merchandise, volunteer days, reds tickets, random parties, summer hours, etc.) and I've really come to adore all the people I work with in our office.
(celebrating at my surprise bridal shower)
(posing with my workout team during our Fitness competition)
 
....But unfortunately...
Our company announced that they will be closing our Cincinnati office and centralizing all positions at the corporate headquarters. Some positions were eliminated and a few were relocated to another state.  I was fortunate enough to be offered my position, but after talking it over with the husband, we weren't at the point in our life where we were interested in moving, especially to this location.
 
So....come the fall of next year...
Jax will be out of a job.
 
I better go update my resume! :(


8 comments:

Meredith said...

oh no, maybe it's stay at home Mom mode? I'll say a prayer for you a new job asap.

Candice Lynn said...

OMG. i had no idea! I'm sure you'll find something new and exciting and you will ROCK it.

Anne said...

Sorry to hear that! What a bummer when it's a place and people you really like. Nice that you have some advance warning to think things through at least? I hope you find the perfect fit for you & your new family of 3...

brittany @ g squared said...

Oh no!! Sounds like you had an amazing job. Maybe you will get a little extra time off though with the baby if timing is right???

Legally Lovely said...

I hate to hear this for you! I hope this becomes an opportunity to explore what's behind another door - and that it's wonderful!

Brittany said...

Ugh. I'm so sorry. What a serious pain! Maybe all this means is that you'll have more time with your little one! :)

Katie said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear this. Hoping you find something that you will love even more :)

Kayla MKOY said...

I somehow missed this post, and I'm so sorry to hear that girl!!! But I'm glad you and your man came to a mutual decision! I'll be thinking of you -- the baby will keep you plenty busy soon enough ;)