Thursday, October 9, 2014

The Ugliest Kitchen (OURS!!)

Welcome to my (ugly) kitchen!
(Picture from realtors website)
This is our current kitchen. 
It has seashell wallpaper, rustic country hardware, yellow square tile backsplash, an original 1960's oven/stove
and the fridge is probably that old too. Bulkheads line the top of our cabinets (which are also lined with sticky
paper inside), the floor tile is squeaky, the dishwasher is broken and don't even get me started on the countertops. 
It doesn't have a pantry. It doesn't have any counter space...and it is all topped off with a huge florescent light.
(Picture from realtors website)
We've been in our home for 7 months now...and I am happy to say it is FINALLY time to update our kitchen!! Woooohoooooo!!
 
We are getting new lights / flooring / cabinets / hardware / appliances / farm sink / countertops / and tearing down the bulkheads / moving the fridge to the opposite wall/ and adding a real pantry! :)
 
Basically the only thing we are keeping the same in that room is the window! :)
 
Ahhhhhhh, I can't wait for a BRAND NEW kitchen!!!
Glad I got to share what my current kitchen looks like...before we tear it all down!
 
Have you ever completely renovated your kitchen??
If so, I'd love to hear about it!

10 comments:

Meredith said...

Good Luck! We purchased an older home too and thankfully the kitchen was already remodeled, maybe not exactly what I would have chosen but I saw the before pictures and anything is better than what it was. Can't wait to see the end result.

My Life as A Plate said...

That is so exciting. Our kitchen is pretty ugly too. We are hoping to change that come this winter. I hate cooking in a retro busy kitchen. Cant wait to see the final project

Meg Doherty said...

Yaayy kitchen updates are THE BEST!! Good luck!

Katie said...

Soooo exciting. I agree, Kitchen updates are the best. Your plans sound amazing. Can't wait to see the updated results.

Jordon said...

Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see what y'all are able to do with it :)

Anne said...

Wowza, that's bound to make for some great before and after photos. Can't wait to see what you do, and good luck with the project :)

Becky said...

I'm sure it was a looker in its time :P Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

Brittany said...

I'm excited to see the progress!

Erin LFF said...

Can't wait to see what you all do! We won't be gutting our kitchen totally, but definitely updating in the near future!! :)

JMc said...

I can't wait to see the after pictures!!