Thursday, September 25, 2014

While in Michigan...

I took a little road trip to Michigan this past weekend for my cousins wedding.
CV couldn't come with me due to being busy with work...
so I made my sister & this little nugget (my niece) be my date!
My sister & niece flew in from Memphis, so it was great to see them! 
I haven't seen them since May.
The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and started off by acknowledging the people in their lives that have passed that have affected their lives. My dads name was one of them that was called.
They also displayed his picture at their reception. (A picture from my wedding - and one of my favorite pictures of him!)
Although it was emotional, I'm so happy they included him in their wedding day!
Then ofcourse there was dinner/cake/dancing/photobooth picture taking and goofing off! :)
(me with my cousin Annette) and (Madelyn and I being goofy)
All and all - it was a great wedding and I'm so happy for my cousin, Jamie!!
 
The next morning, we snuggled in bed, ate at Cracker Barrel (or as my niece calls it "Barrel Cracker"), and then I hit the road to drive back to Cincinnati.
It was a great little 24-hour trip to MI to see my family! :)
Now...back to another fun filled weekend!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds like the perfect little getaway. Being with family always soothes my soul. I love that they included your dad in their ceremony. How thoughtful!

P!nky said...

Looks like a great wedding weekend. How touching they honored your father. <3

Anna said...

So fun! :) Which part of Michigan? I'm from the Metro-Detroit area. Looks like a beautiful wedding!

Meredith said...

Looks like a great time, love the tribute to your father, so sweet!

Kayla MKOY said...

You had the cutest little date!!! ;) how sweet of them to include your Dad in the tributes. I love that, and you're right! That's such a great picture of him!

Ericka said...

Glad you got to enjoy a little trip to Michigan. So sweet that they included your Dad in their wedding like that. We're headed to Cincinnati for a quick weekend trip next weekend :)

Anne said...

Yay, Michigan! And how fun you got to spend time with that little cutie.

Allison said...

So sweet they made a tribute to your Dad. I know that meant a lot to you. Drew's sister gets married next weekend and I know it will be a bitter sweet day of being happy for her and sad that their dad is not there to celebrate with us.

You look lovely by the way!