Thursday, September 4, 2014

{Before/After} Our Guest Room

I posted a little sneak peek of our guest room about two months ago, but since so much has changed I wanted to give a new and improved update on my favorite room (so far) in the house.
And I wanted to show you before and after pictures..so you can really appreciate our hard work! :)

Here is the lovely BEFORE picture...straight from the real estate listing:
You can't see the blinds in this picture because they are tucked under that ugly
window treatment, but the blinds were BLUE!!
 And now here is what it looks like AFTER:
Doesn't it look cozy?!
Mirrors: Wal-Mart // Lamps: Hobby Lobby // Clock: Tick Tock Clock via Anthropologie

Curtain Rod: Umbra Square Rod via Target // Curtains: Navy block-out curtains via IKEA
Blinds: Levolor 2" Wood Blinds via Blindsaver
Rug: Circle Shag Area Rug via Target
Bed Linens: Duvet & Duvet Cover: Alvine Stra via IKEA // White Sheets: BB&B
White Bed skirt: BB&B // Polka Dot Pillow Cases: IKEA // 
Coral Pillow Shams: Trina Turk via BB&B
Green Square Geometric Pillow: Trina Turk via BB&B // 
Small Abstract Pillow: Trina Turk via BB&B

The other side of the room is not as pretty...soon these brown wood things will be replaced with pretty white things! :)
FedEx Abstract Painting: Gift from my BFF:)
 Blue Picture Frame: HomeGood Stores
Teal Specks Vase: Crate & Barrel

***************
Want to know what we did?

+ Painted three walls white & an accent wall navy blue
+ Removed old window treatments & installed new curtain rods & curtains (after I hemmed them on the sewing machine!)
+ Removed blue blinds & installed new blinds
+ Bought new furniture, bed linens, lamps, d├ęcor, etc, etc, etc.
+ Hung mirrors and artwork

Although it looks finished and I'm truly happy with it....there are still some things I'd like to do down the road:
+ Add overhead lighting
+ Paint trim & ceiling
+ Update closet doors with white french doors
+ Update bedroom door
+ Update dresser

Oh, and always wonder what people put inside their guest room nightstand drawers??? Well, here's what's in mine!
Left Side: Magazines, Tissues, and some Matches for the candle that sits on the nightstand
 Right Side: Notebooks, Pen, and Bibles
...because we are pretty much like a hotel around here! :)

Hope you liked visiting my little guest room...
Be back soon with more of our home tour! :)

16 comments:

P!nky said...

So pretty, I love all the colors!

Kristin said...

LOVE it! Absolutely love the colors you chose! DEFINITELY an improvement...sad you didn't keep the blue blinds though. :)

Meredith said...

Love, can you come decorate my guest bedroom? It's been a collect all for a year now. oops

Alyssa Long said...

Um. This looks amazing!!! Want to come decorate my house??? haha

Erin LFF said...

I loooove it!!! I'll come stay at your hotel... I mean house any time! :)

Jordon said...

holy transformation!!! It looks fantastic!

Anne said...

So cozy and yet so sophisticated - I adore the navy wall and the nightstands!

andreaslens.com said...

Looks great! I love that your guest room actually has things for guests. Mine is full of my stuff :)

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

This is awesome! Looks great! I need to put some work into my guest bedrooms!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

This is awesome! Looks great! I need to put some work into my guest bedrooms!

Brianne Bracco said...

Oh...my...gorgeousness!!! The colors are all perfect together! Great job my friend...glad to know my room is ready for me now ;)

Allison said...

I love it!! That rug is too cute and I love all the little touches. Good work!

The Whitfields said...

I just love those pillows and headboard!!

I just moved from Atlanta to Cincinnati. I'm going to law school up here. Do you have a good veterinarian you go to if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for one for my golden retriever.

Ericka said...

Gorgeous! Love the way it looks! I love the dark blue wall and the pops of color.

Crystal said...

Looks awesome! So funny how a few changes can make such a huge difference!

Rachel T. said...

What a huge difference - love the colors and head board :)