Monday, August 4, 2014

Dominican Republic - The Beaches

CV and I are back from a relaxing week in the Dominican Republic...
Where the water is turquoise blue...and the sand is white. 
(The photos are a little dark, but it really is white sand.)
The only thing I didn't like about the beach...was that there were ZERO seashells.  I seriously love looking for seashells....so I was kinda disappointed when I realized they didn't have any.
But if that's my only problem with the beach....life ain't so bad. :)
It was b-e-a-utiful!!
If you walk all the way down the beach...past our resort...
...you eventually cross over to where the locals are...
 There were lots of cute little shops....
 ...exploding with color.
But I didn't venture too far...since I was by myself (safety first) 
since CV was taking a little nap in the shade.
And the best part about my trip..is that I got to see this stud everyday.
Lucky me! :)

More photos to come! 

13 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so jealous! A beach vacation sounds pretty amazing right about now! Can't wait to read more about your trip.

Sarah said...

Beautiful!!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I am so jealous of your beach vacation!! It looks GORGEOUS! I can't wait to read more :)

Maddie~The Whimsy One said...

I love that sand and water picture. They are all great, but I love that one. Glad you had such an amazing trip

Brittany said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors in the little shops. I also love looking for seashells, but a small silver lining is you can walk barefoot with no shell fragments stabbing you in the foot!

Brianne Bracco said...

How gorgeous!!! Totally jealous, but glad you had an amazing trip my friend! Can't wait to see more!!

Emily said...

I'm not really sure how you left...I mean, look at it?! Just kidding. Glad it was a great trip--can't beat that water, my goodness!

Becky said...

Ugh why can't every day life look like that?! :) Those beaches!!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Sounds like an amazing trip!

Allison said...

Gorgeous pictures! So glad you took your nice camera with you on your trip.

Kayla MKOY said...

You are just reconfirming my love for the DR as we speak!!!! I need to go back soon!! :)

Erin LFF said...

I almost didn't click on this post since I knew I'd be instantly looking up travel deals as soon as I saw the first picture.... but then I did anyway ;) So glad you and CV got to go here!

andreaslens.com said...

Looks amazing! I've been to several Caribbean locations but not to DR. It's definitely going on my list!