Thursday, July 10, 2014

Stir Fryin'

Stir-Fry is seriously one of the easiest dinners to make.
...all you need to do is grab a bunch of veggies, seasoning & your meat of choice...then chop & mix them all together until they are cooked. Sounds easy right???

We started by chopping up a variety of veggies: 
fingerling potatoes, onion, shallot, carrots, red & green peppers, garlic, 1 head of broccoli, and baby corn. Then, tossed them in the wok (you can also use a regular pan) to cook.  
(Veggies take longer to cook then the meat, so we put those in early.)
Then we chopped up our meat of choice: shrimp & chicken
Then, added them to the wok.
And added our Spicy Korean BBQ Seasoning (purchased at Jungle Jims, for you Cincinnati's) and a little salt & pepper (Add any sauce you want, or make your own sauce here.)

 Put the lid on and let your meal simmer....tossing occasionally for about 10 minutes.
Now, your meal is hot and ready to be in your belly.
Serve it over rice (I made a healthy purple rice!!) and enjoy!!

If you have a lot of left over veggies in your fridge...or if you started a vegetable garden and don't know what to do with all your veggies....seriously just cook them all together with sauce & you have yourself a delish little meal!

Enjoy! :)

8 comments:

Legally Lovely said...

This looks awesome! I love making stir fry - the Pioneer Woman has a recipe for beef and snow peas that I use (and alter with different veggies and meat) semi-religiously.

I've been meaning to get over to Jungle Jim's, so I'll take a look out for that seasoning!

Katie said...

Yum!! What is this purple rice?! I've never seen/heard of it.

Anne said...

What is this purple rice?! I'm intrigued. And I need to remember stir fry as an option more often - we get a weekly CSA box and I'm always racking my brain to come up with ways to use all the veggies... duh.

Brianne Bracco said...

aaaaand now I'm starvin. This looks delicious friend!

Erin LFF said...

We loveee to stir-fry in our house too! Just chop and throw in whatever you've got on hand-- my kinda recipe. And yes, add me to the list of what the heck is purple rice!?

Pamela said...

Holy heck, yummmmmmm!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

This is honestly a meal that I have never made but it does look easy, healthy, and good. Thanks for the motivation!

Becca Moss said...

Yum, yum, YUM! Feed me, please?