Monday, July 14, 2014

My Neighbors Made Me A Pie + Cincinnati Stuff

Last weekend I did a "nice gesture" for a neighbor....and they rewarded me with this
amazing/delicious/homemade/hot-out-of-the-oven blueberry pie!!!
Doesn't this make your mouth water?
(Then, CV and I did a happy dance when we realized we had vanilla bean ice cream in the freezer. Score!!)

I thought the days of making homemade pies for your neighbor were completely gone...but apparently one little good-deed gets you a fresh pie! And that's okay with me!
Seriously, we are in love with our new neighborhood!!
 
On another note, here are some other things that happened this weekend...
+ Attended two Reds Games
one with coworkers, and one with CV and friends
(if you were at Friday's game and saw a beach ball bouncing around...we brought that!) :)
 
 
+ Finally tried Sotto Restaurant
If you go, you must try the bruschetta with chicken liver mousse. I know it sounds unappetizing, but it was amazing! I also got the short rib cappellacci and I recommend that too.
 
+Went to City Flea
I honestly didn't love it, most of the venues were vintage or sold old clothes/shoes/jewelry/crap, and "vintage" is honestly not my style (in clothing or in home d├ęcor). I did, however, enjoy a few booths that had cool photography, candles and I ate an amazing pineapple/strawberry swirl street pop.
 
I honestly wasn't a fan of this restaurant at all. I ordered the short rib sliders, the California and Kato Roll...and honestly they were just "ok". (and the rolls fell apart when I ate it, which is a sushi no-no) I've heard good things about the restaurant, so I'd try it again...just won't be going back for their sushi....or their iced tea...which tasted like rose petals. No thanks.
 
 
+ Brunched at National Exemplar
This was my 3rd visit to National Exemplar in the last month. I had the Key West Cocktail which is amazing there...its just granola/yogurt/fruit but its so light and refreshing. And it comes with a muffin-of-the-day, which was chocolate chip cherry on this day....best muffin ever!!
 
+Furniture/Home Shopped
And last but not least...there was lots of furniture and home goods shopping.
 
Meanwhile, while I was doing all of THAT.....Paisley was doing THIS:
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
 
 

6 comments:

Becca Moss said...

That pie though. I need it!
How sweet of your neighbor! It's like living in Mayberry!

Brittany said...

I wish my neighbors baked me fresh pies! Instead, we get horrible smells wafting through the apartment hallway. Haha! I've been wanting to go to City Flea for a long time, but it seems like everyone I talk to has less than positive reviews of it. One of these times I'll have to see for myself!

Allison said...

So many yummy restaurants. I've been wanting to try Sotto forevvveeeer and plan to soon! But for now I just want pie. Haha.

Anne said...

Ohhhh, you know me and my National Exemplar brunch. So good, right? This was a rare weekend we weren't there, or we might have run into you :) Sotto is one of our favorites - we love everything we've tried in 3 visits there, so I'm glad you enjoyed! And I've been hearing about Kaze (they advertise on NPR, ha), but I think I might try to get to some of the others on our list first if it wasn't your favorite ever. Helpful to know, because there are tons of places we want to try and only so much babysitter time...

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I just went to the City Flea for the first time this weekend. I agree, the vintage clothes aren't quite my style but I did manage to leave with some art, clutches, cincy tee's for out of town friends and a belly full of food truck food ;)

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

I don't think I've had a homemade pie in ages! That was so nice :)