Monday, June 16, 2014

Planting a Tree in Memory of my Dad

I've known for a while now that the month of June was going to be a tough one.
My dad would have had his 63rd birthday last week...only a few days earlier than Father's day.
So I've had in my mind for a while now, that I wanted to plant a tree on Father's Day in his memory.
 I knew I wanted a tree that would bloom flowers in the spring...and that was beautiful and bring lots of happiness.
 So I finally found a beautiful Coralburst Crabapple!
It will bloom white and pink, or "coral" flowers in the spring...and it has such a fun name! I get happy when I say it....go ahead, say it...."coralburst crabapple"! :)
It's just a baby right now...I can't wait to see it bloom and grow every year.
 Happy Father's Day, Dad! I know you're shining over this little tree and our home! :)
xoxo.

7 comments:

P!nky said...

What a beautiful tribute for your Father. Hugs!

Brittany said...

This is such a wonderful idea. Turning grief and hard times into something beautiful and productive.

Health, Love & Fire said...

I love this idea! We lost my father-in-law the day after christmas and yesterday would have not only been father's day but also his 67th birthday. I love the idea of planting a tree and definitely think I may do this for our new yard next year! I hope the blooms bring a smile and that you are able to share lots of happy memories even though this might be a tough time.

Erin LFF said...

An absolutely beautiful way to honor and remember you dad for years and years and years to come :)

Mary said...

Simply beautiful :)

Ericka said...

What a great idea to honor your dad his birthday and Father's Day <3

Meredith said...

Love this!! I know your Dad is watching down on you smiling. Oxoxox