Tuesday, February 18, 2014

We Bought A House!!


If you thought we already had too much on our plate...hold that thought...
...because on top of everything going on, we are BUYING A HOUSE!


As most of you know, CV and I have been house hunting since last summer. 
We put an offer on two different houses last fall, both obviously didn’t work out. 
We were planning to put our house hunting on hold until Spring, since there isn’t much inventory in the cold winter months, but a few weeks ago our realtor gave us a call and told us about a great home that was available in the exact location we wanted.  
So we took a peek….and a few days later (with some back and forth ofcourse)…
…WE GOT THE HOUSE!!!


The next week was filled with meetings with the bank, inspections, appraisals, and lots and lots of paperwork. But then CV was hospitalized and everything was put on hold for a while. 
(I think we almost forgot we bought a house for a while too!)

But now that he's recovering at home…I’ve been able to start packing up boxes and getting ready for our big move into our FIRST HOME!!!



***I hope you love DIY/Home Renovations stuff, because my blog will be seeing a lot of it in the near future. The previous owners of our home were lovers of wallpaper, carpet, 70s light fixtures and window treatments, and an original 1960s kitchen!

Ick….if you need to find me, I’ll be designing my new and improved kitchen!

25 comments:

P!nky said...

Congrats lady!!!!!!!!

Margaret said...

Woo! Congrats!! We just bought our first house too...and are still waiting to close on it! So I'm definitely down for lots of DIY/Home stuff; I'll be doing the same!

Nadine Lynn said...

Congrats on the house! How exciting!!!

Meredith said...

Yay!! Congrats to yall!!

Katie said...

SOOOO exciting! Congratulations. I love that kind of stuff so I'm excited to see everything you redo. What area of town are you guys moving to?

brittany @ g squared said...

Yay! Can't wait to see pictures. So happy for you!

brittany @ g squared said...

Yay! Can't wait to see pictures. So happy for you!

megan said...

Congratulations!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

YAYYY! OH HAPPY DAY to YALL!! xx

Libby Boyes said...

That's so exciting!! Can't wait to see what it looks like and to read all the diy and decor posts!

Anne said...

So excited to see some before & afters of your home! I love DIY/reno posts.

Congrats, and good luck with the move!

andreaslens.com said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see you transform the house. I'm glad that you have something so exciting to look forward to this year!

Brittany said...

yay!!! So exciting

Rebeka said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!! What a busy year you guys have had. I can't wait for DIY posts :)

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

So very exciting!! We are going to get pre-approved this weekend to start the process! Hope we find something before this little one arrives!

Ericka said...

Congrats on becoming home owners! Can't wait to see how you make it your own :)

Pamela said...

eeeeek! Congrats! :) Can't wait to see all the gorgeous changes you make to the home!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Yay! I did the same thing buying and renovating a house while everything else possible was happening and it was lots of work but soooo much fun!!! Congrats!!

Allison said...

So exciting!! Where did you end up buying?!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Congratulations!!!! :)

Mary said...

Wonderful news! Congrats!

Brianne Bracco said...

EEEEEEEPPPP!!!! Can't wait for DIY and house pictures GALORE! Congrats to you guys! So exciting :)

CraigTannGroup said...

Hooray for the new homeowners! Aside from the unfortunate instance of your husband getting sick (I hope he'll be able to lift stuff when you guys get moving!), the whole process must've been a breeze for you! You and your agent must have learned from your first house-hunting trips last fall, thus making this one a lot easier! Looks like you'd be having a new home this spring, so congrats!
Lu Landry @ CraigTannGroup.com

Becca Moss said...

So excited for y'all! & I love DIY's/Home Renovation posts, yay for new beginnings!

Gordon Fox said...

I’m so excited to see the renovation projects! I’m really glad to know that you’ve found the perfect house for you in just a short time. I hope you’ll be able to make it the home you've always been dreaming of. Good luck on your renovations, Jax! I’ll be looking forward to seeing some updates about it. :)

Gordon Fox @ Prince And Sons