Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wedding Posts Start Now - The Dress

Hello friends! 
It's time to get excited because my wedding day posts begin TODAY!! 
It will be all-things-wedding around here for the next week or two,  as I have tons of things 
I want to share with you. Today, I'm just going to start off with a simple but important post! 
 MY DRESS!! 

I was definitely not one of those brides who said "yes to the dress".  I actually was the one who said
yes, then said no, then said yes again. (And repeat that 5 more times). It was one of the first dresses I
tried on and I bought it within twenty minutes of stepping foot into the bridal shop. 
Every time I tried it on, (which was a lot) I fell in love with it all over again.
But every time I was in a bridal shop looking for a veil, or earrings, or shoes...
I found myself looking at and trying on more dresses.


I'm not sure if that's normal or not for a bride to go back and forth about their wedding gown.
But I guess you could say, I just wanted to look perfect for my husband and I just wanted to find the "perfect dress".


Luckily, after months and months of going back and forth, and trying on several dresses that all looked
horrible on my body off the hanger,  it finally kicked in that THIS was my dress.
Maybe I couldn't find a better dress because a better dress didn't exist??? Maybe I had to keep looking
just to prove to me that this was THE DRESS???
Whatever the reason, I do finally believe it was the most perfect dress for me.

And the moment I put it on, on my wedding day, I knew I made the best decision.
I felt romantic and beautiful and couldn't wait to show CV! :)

 Be back tomorrow with the GETTING READY portion of my day! 

24 comments:

agalandherdog said...

Stunning!

P!nky said...

Beautiful beautiful!!!

YAY wedding posts. I'm trying to get all of mine together too!!!

xoxo

Becky said...

It is beautiful!! I haven't been wedding dress shopping before I feel like it would be hard since it's the one dress you'll wear on the best of your day life!

Ericka said...

Beautiful dress!! I did the same thing after I bought my dress. I would see pictures of dresses and think oh maybe I should have tried that one. I questioned my decision about my dress, until like you, I put it on the day of my wedding and I felt amazing in it!

Brianne Bracco said...

Eeeeeeep! Can't wait for more wedding photos! I will become a blog stalker for the next week or two..even more than I am now ;) I am sooo glad you said yes to this dress...it is so stunning I can't even stand it! My dress was actually one my mother in law picked and my sister in law and I kept shoving it to the very back and poking fun at it on the hanger. When I finally tried it on to please her...I had the moment and it was actually the one :)

Janelle {Undomestic Bliss} said...

Stopping over from the link up.

Your dress is absolutely beautiful!

I definitely had some initial dress regret after getting mine too. After seeing things in magazines or that different friends got, I started second guessing myself. I think it's natural! By the time the wedding day rolled around though I couldn't have been happier.

I think you made an excellent choice!

Libby @ Health, Love & Fire said...

Your dress is gorgeous!!! I'm sure you looked absolutely stunning in it!

Rachel C. said...

Gorgeous! I love it :)

Meredith said...

Love your dress!!

Brittany said...

So gorgeous! I'm so excited to see all your wedding posts!!

Lindsay Kauffman said...

Your dress is gorgeous!!! I want to see pics of you in it! I can't wait for more wedding posts!! xoxo, Lindsay

Erin LFF said...

So gorgeous!! I bought my dress SUPER quickly and then forever doubted it after I bought it haha!

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

Gorgeous dress! I bought mine at a trunk sale and I think the only reason I bought it so quickly was because if I didn't buy it that day - I wouldn't have the option to do so again. However I love, love, loved trying on dresses. I wish I did more of it!

Pamela said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Samantha said...

So pretty! I have those same thoughts every so often - what if this ISN'T the dress!? But I won't try anything else on because I'm screwed if it's not THE dress! Haha.

Kayla Peveler said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Seriously, can't wait to see more!!! :)

Katie said...

I cannot wait to see all of your pictures!! Your dress was gorgeous. I bought one of the first dresses I tried on. Looking back, I know it was "the" dress, but I kinda wished I would have tried more on. I mean, you only get to try those suckers on once in your life!

JMc said...

Yay!! I"ve been waiting on wedding posts :) And your dress is amazing. I am sure you looked absolutely beautiful!

Allison said...

Yay. So excited for these posts! Your dress is gorgeous!! What a cool shot of it. :)

Meghan said...

Can't wait to keep reading! That dress is STUNNING!

champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

Savanah said...

gorgeous!! I was the same way with my dress. I had dress regret afterwards but ended up LOVING my dress and I'm glad I decided to keep it!

YFG said...

Gorgeous dress! Can't wait to see more!

brittany @ g squared said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to read the rest :)

Mary said...

ooo I love it! Off to read more now!! :)