Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Golden Spoon!!

This past weekend was filled with so much fall fun!

Friday, CV and I had our monthly double-date night with our friends M+D!

We went to Dancing Wasabi for half-priced sushi and sake bombs, followed by a haunted house at Dent Schoolhouse! If you live in Cincinnati, you've definitely heard of this haunted house...and it was definitely a blast going to. I screamed almost every single time I turned the corner! (and then giggled afterwards, feeling like a fool!)

Saturday, I had an early morning photo session with this adorable couple.
 Their daughter surprised them with a photo session at the park, and they had no idea about it until they arrived at the park that morning. They laughed and cracked jokes the whole time, they were soooo sweet together! 

That night, our friends threw an amazing party at their house!!
It was complete with some of the most delish and cutest snacks!
Also part of the party was a chili cookoff!
We've NEVER made chilli before but we wanted to be a part of the event so we whipped something up on Thursday night....and let it sit for 2 days! (that's what everyone told us to do for flavor!) The 20 judges gave points for aroma, texture, appearance, flavor and heat! It was very official!!
AND GUESS WHO WON FIRST PLACE????
We couldn't believe it! But we won the GOLDEN SPOON! Our moms would be so proud!! 

Sunday, I had another early morning photo session with the cutest family!!

I am so glad to finally have "FALL" looking photos. The leaves have FINALLY changed and I couldnt be more excited! (Speaking of excited...how adorable is she???)

And the rest of the day was spent editing photos, snuggling with CV and eating Dewey's pizza.
Which means, it ended perfectly. 

Follow me on instagram here.
Follow my photography page on facebook here.

13 comments:

P!nky said...

Looks like a super awesome weekend! Way to go with the chili, woop!

That couple looks so sweet, what a lovely idea.

Bethany Cole said...

beautiful pictures! that couple makes my heart melt!

Kayla Peveler said...

That little girl is WAY too cute! I love the couple too who got surprised with a shoot. You're so talented girl! YAY on the golden spoon!!

Becky said...

Congrats on the golden spoon!!! Your pictures are beautiful - love that last one!! :)

Erin LFF said...

So many cute things in this post! I need to comment on them all ;) 1. Lets go get sushi together! 2. Your photos are great, and what cute subject you have too 3. YAY for winning the chili cookoff, you must share your secrets!!

Pamela said...

Girl, your pictures are great!! The lighting & color is perfect. Ohh, deviled eggs. Get.in.my.belly. Congrats for winning ;)

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

That last photo is a gem! Love!

Brittany said...

Woo hoo!! Way to go winning with your chili!!

Such sweet pictures of the both the couple and the family. Great job.

Brittany said...

That's awesome you won the chili cook-off! I've been craving chili for days, so this didn't help. Also, I love Dent Schoolhouse! I think I read it was ranked No. 1 in the country by some outlet! Also, I feel like such a Cincinnati slacker because I've never tried Dewey's Pizza. Everyone tells me I must!

Allison said...

Wow...good job winning the chili cook off!!! You better write your recipe down and share it. :) And all of your photos are just gorgeous.

Kristen said...

You take such beautiful pictures, I'm going to like you on Facebook!
xo
Keeping it thrifty

Becca Moss said...

OH MY GOSH. We were planning on going to Dent Schoolhouse on Friday night but stuff came up so we couldn't go after all. Would have loved to have ran into ya! Glad you had fun though! And congratulations on that golden spoon - quite a victory!

Christa at Forever Young said...

Wow, that photo session is SO sweet and such a great surprise! Stopping by from the linkup!

Happy Monday!
Christa
Forever Young