Monday, October 21, 2013

Our Wedding Reception - The Whole Shebang!

I don't want to drag out the rest of the reception in multiple posts...so here it goes in ONE post!! 
Ready and go.

If you've ever been to Jungle Jims or the Oscar Event Center, you know the BIG sign that's at the entrance on Dixie Highway that's held up by a HUGE gorilla in a tuxedo.
Well.....that's where our guests were welcomed with our sign.
"Get your Vollat On!!!" Oh, and a picture of us with fake mustaches and holding beer.
We are SO classy! :)

Moving on....after the first pitch and introductions, we sat down at our sweetheart table and was greeted with a toast from the Father of the Bride. Then, a prayer from CV's uncle!

Then, everyone enjoyed a delicious plated dinner!

 During dinner, we had two special toasts from CV's brother (best man) and my sister (matron of honor.) It's funny how your brain remembers certain things from the toasts. From CV's brother, I remember the last thing he said that made the entire room crack up! And from my sisters, I remember her telling CV that he gets to spend every single day with me, and how she was truly jealous. (I remember this because thats when I started to cry!) Absolutely love the sweet toasts.

 Speaking of sweet....we then cut our amazing/delicious/gorgeous cake!!! CV fed me with a fork, like a gentleman, and I slammed the cake in CV's face...even got some up his nose! haha!
Sorry husband, but you had to know that was coming!!

 Followed the cake cutting was the first dance, father/daughter dance and mother/son dance... 

 And then....it was a PARTAY for everyone!!!!! 
Dance floor! Photobooth! Open Bar! Cigars on the Balcony! So much for everyone to do!
 And finally, at the end of the night, we lit up the night sky with sparklers and said goodbye to our most fabulous wedding!!
(No great pictures of this, as I had my head down the hole time and running through as fast as I could.) haha!

Hope everyone enjoyed the reception recap. Thanks for reading along! :)

For those interested, our songs were:
First Dance: "Let's Stay Together" - Al Green
Father/Daughter Dance: "The Way You Look Tonight" - Frank Sinatra
Mother/Son Dance: "Come Fly With Me" - Frank Sinatra

For dinner, we served:
Salad: Hearts of Romaine Greek Salad with a Balsamic Reduction + Greek Dressing
Entree: Filet of Beef Topped with Roasted Garlic Butter + Grilled Chicken Breast 
served with Hunter Sauce
Accompaniments: Grilled Asparagus + Peruvian Purple Mashed Potatoes
(Kiddos had chicken tenders, waffle fries and a fruit cup!)

21 comments:

P!nky said...

Looks like a super fun reception! I love the sign, so wonderful!

The cake looks gorgeous!

xoxo

Kayla Peveler said...

SO amazing! Hahaha love the gorilla holding up the sign, that is great! You were GORGEOUS, and always are! :) so glad it was a blast for you guys!

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing everything!! Looks like you had the BEST time and your pictures are great!!! :)

Candice Lynn said...

Ahhh...it was SO much fun :)

katie @ sappy and happy said...

oh my goodness! I still can't get over how gorgeous you looked and how perfect everything turned out! xoxo

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

What a beautiful wedding! Love that you were on the sign outside!

Lindsay Colvin said...

We were so close to dancing to Lets Stay Together as our first dance! Love that song! Beautiful wedding!!

Brittany said...

Love the group shots!

Katie said...

Love everything about your reception!! The pictures are great!

[hello goldfish] said...

Beautiful reception! Your dress is gorgeous!

Brittany said...

I absolutely love the sign out front! So perfect! These pictures are gorgeous and I love the idea of a huge group shot with you both in the front! Looks like it was a perfect night!

Mary said...

That sign is awesome! Looks like the reception was a blast!

jackie jade said...

looks like such a gorgeous reception!
-- jackie @ jade and oak

Saxon @ Lets Drink Coffee, Darling said...

Looks like a very fun reception! And I love the picture of you guys on the billboard! ha!

Maddie~The Whimsy One said...

You looked so pretty and I love it there! Wine tastings on the weekend is my favorite.Now every time I visit Jungle Jims I will think of you guys!

Meghan Kraft said...

What a beautiful reception - and I love the sparklers at the end! Absolutely gorgeous :)

Shoshanah said...

I love the sparkler photos! Part of me wanted to do it, but I just though fire and alcohol made me a little nervous. Ha! But glad it worked out for you!

Brianne Bracco said...

How cool you were on the sign outside!!! And your exit...love it :)

Erin LFF said...

Picture perfect wedding- right there! I really wish I would have crashed... ;)

Becca Moss said...

I love your guys exit, the sparklers are amazing! Again, you looked amazing your dress is stunning!

Stesha said...

ahhhhhhhh These are beautiful!!!!! Congrats lady, I know I am a little late I need to stay current on the blog reading!! You looks amazing, and these photos are perfection!!!

xxS