Thursday, October 17, 2013

Our Wedding Ceremony

FINALLY...after posting about all the pre-ceremony events, like here and here, I'm now here to blog about the actual wedding!!! There were a few things that went wrong during our ceremony (I'll talk about those in another post!) But all-in-all it was perfection!!! Nobody tripped down the aisle. Nobody fainted while standing on the alter (I've seen that in Americas Most Funniest Videos)...CV and I both said "I DO". So, it was perfect.

The beautiful piano music started. Our mothers walked down the aisle, lit the outside of our candle and were seated. The bridesmaids gracefully walked down the aisle and took their place...and our sweet flower girl walked down the aisle scattering little purple heart confetti!
Notice she is barefoot??? About 10 minutes before the ceremony she started complained that her new shoes were hurting her feet. So what did I say??? "Take them off!" No need to wear shoes that hurt your feet, even I know that! :)
(And ofcourse I wanted a happy flower girl.) 
Then, it was my turn to walk down the aisle. 
The music started and I heard people standing up out of their chairs....just hearing the song and the shuffle of the chairs made the waterworks started immediately. IT WAS HAPPENING!! 
I think I stared at the ground the entire walk down the aisle...sure I was supposed to be "taking it all in" but I was so nervous that everyone was staring at me, especially when I was ugly-crying! haha. 

No seriously though, it's a pretty emotional moment, it was hard to take it ALL in!

We exchanged our vows and listened to the two readings that we chose together. We lit our unity candle and we had our first kiss as husband and wife!!

We're married!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the ceremony, we immediately went to the bar with our wedding party to have a celebratory shot of Fireball. Haha.

The rest of the guests went to our cocktail hour, with live piano music, an open bar, a huge meat and cheese display that was organized and labeled by country...(so mad we didnt get a picture of this!!) and many many appetizers!

Stuffed Loaded Redskin Potatoes, Caprese Bites, and Smoked Salmon Canapes! Mmmmm!!

CV and I attended part of our cocktail hour, as we wanted to spend the most time with our guests that we could...but we snuck a way for a little bit to take a picture in the wine cellar....which of course we had to walk through the beer/wine aisle to get there. 
While we were walking there, I heard one man say "well, you don't see that every day!!" Haha.
And now...their glorious wine cellar!

After the pics, we spent more time with guests at the cocktail hour and got ready for our reception, which started out a little different than you've probably ever seen.....come back soon to find out!! :) 

 For those interested, our readings were:
John 15: 9-12
Touched by an Angel - Maya Angelou

Our song choses were:
Seating of the mothers: "The Prayer" 
Wedding Party Entrance: "Forrest Gump Suite" - Alan Silvestri
Unity Candle: "One Hand, One Heart" West Side Story
Bridal Entrance: "Canon in D" - Pachelbel
Recessional: "This will be Everlasting Love"- Natalie Cole
(Pianist chose all other songs for seating of the guests and cocktail hour.)

Ceremony Venue: 
Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jims Fairfield

21 comments:

P!nky said...

You looooook so so beautiful! Love love love the picture of you walking down the aisle. The cocktail hour sounds awesome!

Can't wait for more!

xoxo

Nicole [Haus of Harnois] said...

GORGEOUS

Pamela said...

I still can't get over your dress! It was just so perfect for you!! LOVE the last picture in the wine cellar!

My Life as A Plate said...

Congrats! Looks like a perfect day!!! I love the wine cellar pictures! Gorgeous!

Becky said...

Your dress is SO beautiful on you!!! Your pictures are all amazing and you two look so happy! :)

Erin LFF said...

Stunning- I LOVE that last picture!

Allison said...

I had no idea they had a wine cellar! And yes to fireball shots. Haha. Looks like an amazing ceremony!!! :)

Brittany said...

These pictures are killing me! You make such a gorgeous couple and I love the idea of getting a picture in the wine cellar!

Libby @ Health, Love & Fire said...

I stared at the ground most of my way down the isle too! I was so nervous to be the center of attention and overwhelmed with emotion of walking arm and arm with my dad and meeting my future husband at the alter. You looked absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE the pictures in the wine cellar and beer and wine cellar!! I can't wait to hear about the reception!

Amy Coelho said...

beautiful! we had the same color scheme :)

Shelley – Little Midwest Ramblings said...

that picture in the wine cellar is gorgeous!! and i love your barefoot flower girl. so cute :)

Kayla Peveler said...

That last shot? GORGEOUS! That needs to be hung everywhere in your home! :)

Katie said...

What a beautiful wedding! I love the wine cellar shot...so unique!

Rebeka said...

Your pictures are so gorgeous! I especially love the one of you and CV kissing in front of the bar. What a wonderful day!!

Caroline said...

So beautiful!

JMc said...

Absolutely beautiful! The cellar pic is so unique too. I love it all!

Laura Darling said...

I love these pictures! Your dress is just gorgeous!

Brianne Bracco said...

Love these shots...literally..the shots picture is awesome haha. And the cellar picture? GORG!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

That last picture is amazing! Gotta love Fireball!

Mary said...

I love this! The Flower Girl without the shoes is adorable and I love that you guys immediately took a shot! I felt like I was right there with you when you described how it was before walking down the aisle. Gave me chills! I can't wait!

Becca Moss said...

Look at how GORGEOUS you are! Absolutely stunning!