Friday, October 25, 2013

Life Lately

Life has been pretty busy lately! Let's catch up, shall we?

{one} Last week I went on a HUGE blate with 12 amazing Cincinnati bloggers! I've only met about 5 in person before this date, so it was so nice to meet all the other ladies that I've been chatting with for months! Each and every one was super sweet and I could have chatted with them for hours. Is it just me or are all bloggers just super sweet people??? It must be a requirement. #bloggersarethebest! :)

{two} CV and I had dinner over our friends house a few weeks ago. He's a CHEF, so you know the fat girl inside of me was jumping up and down when they invited us over for a home cooked meal. He served us FRIED AVOCADOS for appetizers. (omg, delish!) mushroom soup, and a filet cooked perfectly over potatoes au gratin (the potatoes had thinly sliced apples and cheddar layered in them!) and for dessert we had Kailua Banana Pudding. AND he made his own cake, pureed bananas, homemade whipped cream, EVERYTHING!!! Sure puts my Easy Banana Pudding using Nila Wafers and Jello-Pudding box to shame!!!
{three} I attended a sweet baby shower for a friend. She didn't find out the gender, so the whole party was filled with little yellow duckies! BUT she had the baby last week....I can't wait to meet HIM!!

{four} I volunteered at a local farm a few weeks ago. We picked tomatoes, peppers, and everything else you can think of! It was a great day to give back to the community! (Don't look at my sweaty face, oversized shirt, and hot pink shoes! Volunteering is NOT a fashion show!) :)

{five} A few coworkers and I attended an event at a local market. We tasted delicious foods from local venues in Cincinnati and enjoyed the beautiful views of Findlay Market.

And that about sums it up for the last few weeks!! What have you been up to lately???



13 comments:

P!nky said...

Woohoo for blogger linkups, so fun!

That shower looks like a blast, I plan on NOT finding out the gender when we decide to have children. Love the duck idea!

happy weekend!

Emily said...

That food! I die. And I think I need some fried avocados right about now...

katie @ sappy and happy said...

yay blogger dates! I need a chef friend ;)

Brianne Bracco said...

Wish I could have been on that blate too :( No get a new button so I can take it and put it on my page immediately! XOXO!

Erin LFF said...

Bloggers are ALWAYS cool! ;) Duh!! We need to hang out more, lady- you are having too much Cincinnati fun without me!!

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

How fun!! I need to organize some CA blogger dates!

Brittany said...

I'm definitely going to the next Cincinnati blogger meetup! Looks like it was so much fun! That food has me drooling...it's a problem.

Allison said...

I wanted to go to that event at Findlay Market! Sounded like a good time! And I'm so jealous of that meal that was cooked for you! YUM! Get all of his recipes asap. Haha.

Becky said...

That meet up looked so fun I wishing I was in Ohio!!! :) Happy Friday!!

elise @ cheers yall said...

hey beautiful!! stopping by from the linkup (and now excited to be a new follower!)!!! yay!

looking forward to following along on your journey to the altar! i love all things wedding!!! i got married in aug 2012, and my little sis is getting married this may! soo fun!

hope you've had a lovely friday!
xx
elise

Caroline said...

Oh so much fun!!! I need that meal ASAP!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Fun fun! I want to get myself to a local farmer's market soon!

Becca Moss said...

So much fun stuff has been happening for y'all! You've been a busy lady!