Friday, August 2, 2013

IT'S AUGUST!!! WEDDING MONTH!!! :)

Seriously, is it REALLY August???
Is my wedding month here??? I may barf from nerves! 
I just can't believe it!!!



I am going to be a busy little bride the next two weeks, so you probably won't see me very much around the ole blog.
Until next time...here are the things I crossed off my list last week!!


1. Sent all my thank you cards for my Bachelorette Party
Yes, more thank you cards! My friends showered me with so much love, food, booze and sexy lingerie at my bachelorette party...and I can't say thank you enough!! :)

2. Bought "Guest Book" and Pens/Markers
CV and I decided to buy a big coffee table book of Cincinnati for people to sign!
We initially were going a completely different route, but that route was going to be over $100, and may have not worked well in our future house...it would have just been a "cool idea" for the wedding.
But we nixed it...and got the next best thing....a $50 book.
I really think I will be happy having a coffee table book with all our family & friends signatures on it! :) What did you use for your guest book?

3. Bought a Unity Candle
Remember when I said we were adding a few Catholic touches to our wedding?
This is one of them!

4. Attended Hair Trial
Don't even get me started on my hair drama.
I hired someone several months ago....but long story short...she flaked on me!
So last week I called a zillion places to see if anyone was available to do 6 hairstyles....no after no after no. Until finally....one of the places called me back and had an opening!
Shew....too much drama just about hair.
Regardless, the trial was amazing!! Can't wait to share my 'do!

5. Picked out songs for Wedding Party Entrance, Bridal Party Entrance, Cake Cutting
...and all our dances and fun shenanigans.
Seriously...we have one "shenanigan" nobody will see coming.
And all our songs are awesome! :)

6. Bought decor for the "alter".
CV and I have a DIY alter since we aren't getting married in a church!
It will be simple and beautiful! :)

7. Booked a videographer
I know I know, at first I said it wasn't in our budget (and that's still true). But our friend is just now getting into the business so we hired him for our wedding for a fabulous price! I'm soooo excited about having a great video of our day!

8. Confirmed our cake design!
There are so many options. Swirls, dots, flowers, ribbons, etc! I finally decided!!

9. Made my programs!!
That's right. I MADE my own programs. I used photoshop to create it, and then I printed them out on heavy cardstock. The fonts match the invites, and everything will match perfectly! (And I saved over $100 by DIY!)!!

10. Finished my wedding party gifts!!
I'm finally done with my wedding party gifts!! I bought each of them 7 things! (lucky # 7)! Three main gifts, two fun extra gifts, and two small happy gifts. I'm excited to give it to them! I also bought my readers their gifts, and CV is done with him groomsmen gifts too! We rock!
(But we still need parent/usher/flowergirl/ringbearer gifts!)

EEEEK. TWO MORE WEEKS TO GO!!!

17 comments:

YFG said...

That is one of the best guest book ideas I've ever heard! I always go to weddings and sign the traditional book but I think "Where does this go? In a drawer to never be seen again?"

But our idea is so great and something you will actually have in your house! Love it!

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

I LOVE your guest book idea. My one suggestion is have a lot of pens. We had our guests sign a wooden ampersand and I bought gold and brown sharpies for it. Well someone decided to use a red ball point pen - fail. And I am pretty sure it was my dad!

Ericka said...

You are on a roll! Sounds like you are getting all of the little details done, which is great. Just remember to breathe and don't sweat the small stuff :)

Petchie said...

Sooooo exciting!!! Enjoy every minute of it! You are going to be such a beautiful bride, can't wait for some wedding pictures :D

xoxo
Petchie
http://psblogbook.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

Wow, sounds like you've been productive... good luck with everything else - so exciting!

Courtney B said...

SO EXCITING! I loved me wedding day, week, month :) I loved it so much that I sometimes tell my hubs that I wish we could get married again, ha ha!

Candice Lynn said...

we used a Nashville coffee table book for our guest book. I LOVE it

Jordon said...

lordy it is gettting here so fast!!! You are getting things crossed off left and right!

katie @ sappy and happy said...

You're getting married!!!!! Happy wedding month, girlie!

Jenni@FlyingOnARainbow said...

So exciting!!! We didn't have a guest book, we had a big photo mount that we asked people to sign - which is now proudly on display in our house! I agree with the comment about making sure you have plenty of pens, that's a good tip!

Amy said...

so happy for you!! congrats! :)

Kristyn said...

Wow...2 weeks. I might barf for you! That is so exciting that you found a videographer that is cheap! That was a big deal to me, so we are paying for it ourselves. And I love your idea of a guestbook. So smart!

Thanks so much for linking up!

Sarah Tucker said...

No barfing! Relax and just know that at the end of it all, you will be married to your best friend! Can't wait!

Mary said...

Oh wow! I love all of these things in your list! Please post pictures after the big day! Can't wait to read more and to read your guest blogger posts! Thanks for linking up and good luck with your remaining plans!

Betsy Transatlantically said...

you are SO on top of it! have fun this weekend :)

elizalouise.bell said...

OMG WEDDING MONTH! I am way too excited for my own good for this. Ahhhhhh.

I need to go sit down. Ha.
L

Shoshanah said...

There was actually a hurricane the day of my hair trial, so it didn't actually happen as planned. But luckily we were able to find time two days before the wedding, and it all worked out.

Good luck getting everything together, and just enjoy these last days before the wedding. At least as much as you're able to with all the craziness!