Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our Wedding Invitations (+ How Much They Cost)

My wedding invitations are mailed!!!!!
Please excuse all the pictures of black envelopes, but I couldn't decide which one to use, so I just posted them all! Ha.
I just LOVE black envelopes with pretty white pen handwriting!
It's just so romantic, don't you think?
And guess what??? But cutting out the inner envelope (that people think they HAVE TO HAVE), I saved money on postage because it qualified for regular postage!! hooooooray!!
DEAR BRIDES: NO, You don't have to do an inner envelope. Sure, its pretty, and it does add an extra lil something. But at the end of the day (or 5 minutes after recieving your invite) they end up in the trash. So take it from me...save that money for something else! :)


Okay enough with the envelopes, let's see what's inside!!
(Now, please excuse the less than perfect photos of the invites. They are actually WHITE with BLACK writing...not cream, like the picture shows. But I was too lazy to retake the photos!) :)


 Disregard the white marks through the last names.
I did that incase I have any stalkers. :)


And we included our wedding website on the back of our invitation. Nobody will probably turn the invitation over to even see it....but just incase they do...it's there!


And...our RSVP cards!! :)


What do you think???
I think they are PERFECT! :)

NOW...want to know how much they cost????
I don't like sharing how much everything in my wedding costs...because lets face it...I don't want you to judge me! hehe. But sometimes I find a helluva deal and you can't stop me from sharing it.

So here is the breakdown:

150 wedding invitations - $75 (I had a half off groupon)
150 wedding RSVPs and envelopes - $50 (I had a half off groupon)
150 black envelopes - $40 (bought during 20% off sale)
Special white pens for addressing envelopes - $25
DIY addressing envelopes - FREE
Stamps - $110
TOTAL: $300

We invited 220 people to our wedding and it only cost us $300 in invitations!!
Can you believe it!!
Paper products like save-the-dates, invitations, programs, menus, etc, are all important to me, (important in the fact that I want to have all of them...but not important enough to spend thousands of dollars on them!) Because lets face it, those are the things that end up in the trash minutes later.

So...I was smart.
I found great deals on my paper products.
....and rebudgeted my savings toward more important things....like photography and cake! Ha. :)

16 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love them so much!!!! Andddd I love seeing all your budget friendly wedding things :) seriously, now I know it's possible to still have everything I want but not break the bank!

Jordon said...

I got a groupon for mine too! I was about to have a heart attack paying full price. These look fab girly!

Ericka said...

Great deal on your invitations! It's always good to save money wherever you can. I saved money on our save the dates and invites too. And they look beautiful!!

Jenni@FlyingOnARainbow said...

They're beautiful! I do love a good bargain!

And I'm sure they won't all end up in the trash. I'm one of those people who always saves invitations and other bits of stationery!

Margaret said...

They're gorgeous!! Super classy and elegant. And definitely a deal!

Meredith said...

these are so pretty, good job with the savings!! and really who needs the inner envelope

Kayla Peveler said...

So beautiful, girl! I hand addressed all of mine, too! It was a hassle but nice to be FREE! :)

Sarah Tucker said...

So cute! The wedding is so close!

Laura {happily ever} Parker said...

Very cute!! I too saved in the invitation department and they are one of my favorite elements from the big day. If you remember have one on you on your wedding day so your photographer can take photos of it!

Brianne Bracco said...

Love them!!!! Absolutely beautiful! Eeeeee! It's almost the big day!!!

megan said...

They are beautiful! Great job on the savings!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

love them so much!!

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Very pretty!! We didn't do the second envelope in our invitations either and they were just fine! :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
Exercise Encouragement Group Blog

Mary said...

Oh wow I have to keep my eye out for Groupons! So smart! They look amazing!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I got a great deal on my invitations by getting DIY on them. Yours look great!

Kayla @ Keeping Up With Kayla said...

I would love, love, love to hear some helpful hints on where to find this stuff. I'm getting ready to order mine!