Monday, June 17, 2013

My Fav Things Around The House (+ THE BEST GIFT!)

A few of my favorite things "around the house" right now:

1. YANKEE CANDLES: 
How fantastic are Yankee Candles!? CV and I might have a small obsession with candles, especially in the winter time. But you gotta love light summery scents that you can light in the middle of June! 
We plan to go back this weekend and load up on some more scents!

2. FLOWERS: 
Remember the orchids CV bought me a few months ago??? 
They are STILL ALIVE! Crazy, I know!
And that's my FAVORITE painting in the background. Maybe I'll post a better picture of it later, because it is surely my favorite piece in our house!


3. THE BEST GIFT EVER: 
I don't think I ever talked about what CV bought me for Valentines Day. Did I???
Well here it is!!!

He bought me a brick that will be installed in the ground at the Great American Ballpark (that's the Cincinnati Reds stadium for my non-cincy readers). They are installing a brick next month...and they gave us a replica to keep in our home! Isn't it the best present ever!!??
It's where we had our first date, where CV threw out a first pitch, and many other memories!
Gotta love the new last name!


4. PUPPY!!!
And ofcourse Paisley....she's my favorite thing ever...in the whole wide world! :)


I know this post has NOTHING to do about the weekend, but I took very limited photos and I'm one of those bloggers that NEED photos with ALL my posts! Ha. 
But incase you are curious:
Friday, we relaxed by the pool with beers, and then rented a movie and ate pizza!
Saturday, I had my second wedding dress fitting, followed by a photo session and then we went to our friends birthday party later that night.
Sunday, we went outlet mall shopping and relaxed (since both our dads live far away, we didn't have a family day like everyone else!) 

All and all, it was a great weekend...but this coming up weekend is going to be even better...
because I'm MEMPHIS BOUND! :)

16 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love the brick!!! andd love that they gave you a replica!! What a fun thing to always have around the house :)

Kayla Peveler said...

Loooove yankee candles! Well any candle really ;) looks like a beautiful home girlfriend.

Jennee Thompson said...

The brick is such a cute idea. I'm stopping over from Mingle Monday!

meghan said...

The brick is so cute! And now you've made me want an orchid. I think I could keep it alive.

Legally Lovely said...

ahhhhh. That brick is the COOLEST! I love all things Reds, so that really is the coolest thing to me. Nicely done, CV! (also, great place for a first date!)

Allison said...

That brick is amazing! How sweet it was your first date too. Did they tell you where it will be or will you have to go search it out?!

Becca Moss said...

LOVE that they gave y'all a replica of the brick! Love it!

Betty said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog via Mingle Monday...now following! And that brick has to be one of the cutest gifts ever (I love sentimental things like that!). Have a good Monday.

Erin LFF said...

We are obsessed w/ candles in our house. We need a new summery, fresh scent right now!

megan said...

I have a love/hate relationship with candles. I LOVE to have them lit but am somewhat cheap with them so I choose my burning times/lengths wisely. :) The brick story is SO cute!!

Anne said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. And that is such a fun and sweet idea for a gift! Good job, CV :)

Brianne Bracco said...

Love that sweet Paisley face!! And the brick is soooo awesome...pretty much one of the most coolest/unique gifts ever :)

Samantha said...

Hi! I found your blog from Mingle Monday and I'm loving it! I am getting married in 11 days and I love reading about other people's wedding progress!! Congrats! I'll be following you now!

Samantha
everydaywithsandj.blogspot.com

Flannery said...

Just found your blog! So excited because my husband, Chris, and I are moving to Cincy next month. Can't wait to read about your photography and favorite local restaurants and shops. We're newlyweds and I still love reading about weddings. Chris is a huge Reds fan and would love that brick! Amazing.

katie @ sappy and happy said...

omg i love that gift and those orchids are gorg! you're one lucky, lucky gal. enjoy these last weeks before you have a brand-spankin'-new last name! xo

Morgan Stone said...

That is such an adorable V-day gift! I love it! And I have a candle obsession as well. Have you ever tried Anthropologie's Volcano candle? It's such a fresh scent for spring and summer!