Thursday, June 27, 2013

Memphis Recap

I'm back from my weekend in Memphis...
And I'm still trying to catch up on sleep from it.
If you're interested in what I did all weekend....keep reading:

Friday:
+ Spent 7 hours in the car by myself!
I usually have Paisley with me, so it was definitely boring being all by myself!
+ Got stopped for speeding. (72 in a 55...ugh!)
But I lied and told the cop I was getting married that weekend in Memphis and I was too nervous to realize how fast I was going. He bought it....told me congratulations...and off I went! :)
+ After I arrived, I headed to the mall on the search for a "mother of the bride" dress with my mom.
We found one! Woohoo!!
+And then we had dinner and called it a night! I was exhausted!

Saturday:
+ My little nephew came over for an early lunch. Isn't he cute?
+ Then, I had my FIRST bridal shower at my sister's house
More on this later. But here is one pic to hold you over.
Isn't my niece/flower girl soooo pretty?
+ After my amazing shower, I met back up with my MOH/BFF Stephanie and one of my best friends from college, Matt, for a delish sushi dinner.


+ Then, we went to Silly Goose to meet up with more friends!
And by midnight, I was tired (and old) so I went home! :)

Sunday:
+ I woke up early to take pictures of my sister & her family.
Here's a sneak peak of my nephew!

+ Then, went to my MOH/BFFs house for a pool day with a few fabulous girls.
+ And the night ended having dinner with my mom, sister, brother, and the little ones.

Monday:
+ Back on the road. Another 7.5 hours in the car.

I was so happy to be home with CV and Paisley!
Now that you know what I did....what did YOU do this weekend???

10 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh my God, I so told a cop (a few months back) "I'm sorry sir, I have a newborn, no sleep and late to work and he let me off. Lol

Jennee Thompson said...

Wow, I never get a cop to buy my stories...and they're always true! I got pulled over in Kentucky and said, oh, I'm from out of town...true story, I lived in Tennessee at the time. Still got a ticket....

Sounds like a fun and busy weekend!

Allison said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Can't wait to hear about your shower. :)

Jordon said...

I need to keep that little white lie in my back pocket for my next stop. That is hilarious!

katie @ sappy and happy said...

haha your officer encounter made me laugh! i love it :)

your dress for the shower was so cute! can't wait to see more pics! xo

Becca Moss said...

Sounds like a great weekend - glad the cop bought your story! ;)

Erin LFF said...

Your niece and nephew are both too cute! Can't wait to hear all about the bridal shower! :)

Brianne Bracco said...

Gorgeous little niece and great picture of your handsome little nephew! Soooo cute!! Glad you had a great trip friend. Can't wait to see all the details from your shower ;)

Katie said...

Ha! That is awesome you got out of it. My husband's uncle is a state trooper down where we used to live (Athens, OH) and he was actually in Cincinnati that weekend because the state was cracking down on speeders in Cincinnati!!! Crazy!

brittany @ g squared said...

Love. Can't wait to see pics!