Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Time I Photographed My Friends Proposal

About three weeks ago, I got an email from my friend Sara's boyfriend telling me he was planning to propose and asked if I would be a part of the special moment by capturing it on camera.
I happily responded with "I DO."
He picked me up at work that week and we went ON LOCATION to scout out a good place for me to hide with my camera.
But there was NO good place to hide.
So Plan B, was to convince Sara that I needed practice with my photography (which was still true) and I wanted to take pictures of her and Andy, and her new house (where the proposal was taking place). 
If she didn't go for it, I would have hid inside a small childs playhouse in the backyard.

Luckily she went for it...

I arrive at their new home and totally play it cool.
I instruct her and Andy to hold hands in front of their super cool garage door.
Then, I suggest going on top of the hill in her backyard to get a good skyline picture of Cincinnati.

But little did she know the REAL reason I was there...
...was to capture THIS MOMENT!
THIS is why I LOVE taking candid shots. I love natural expressions and love seeing genuine reactions.
You can look at these pictures and instantly feel the love and joy they shared at that exact moment.

Hopefully these pictures gave Sara + Andy a lasting memory of their special day.
 And finally...a picture of the photographer with the new bride-to-be. =)
Congratulations to Sara + Andy!
I love you guys and am so happy for you!!

16 comments:

megan said...

That is so neat! Her ring is gorgeous!! You did a good job on the pics, too!

katie @ sappy and happy said...

Oh my gosh! This made me cry! That's a sure sign of a fabulous photographer! :) Beautiful shots.

Xo,
Katie

Sarah Tucker said...

This is simply gorgeous!!

Becca Moss said...

This is so cute! I love hearing happy moments like this!

Kayla Nelms said...

So stinking cute! Love a man that plans this stuff. My fiance had mine captured in photos and video! :)

Allison said...

Now I am even MORE excited to have you take some pictures. These are amazing. You captured it all so perfectly! :)

Jordon said...

SO sweet! You did a great job!

Treasure Tromp said...

how wonderful! what a wonderful moment for her and you!

JMc said...

Aww! How sweet and perfect :) Amazing pics too

Katie said...

These pictures are so great!! You did such a good job.

Brianne Bracco said...

This is sooo amazing!! Very special you did this for them and the pictures are just gorgeous :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Jill said...

This is incredibly awesome! They will cherish these pictures forever! How cool you got to be part of this awesome day :)

Jessica said...

Hi, new follower here :) Found your blog on Sincerely, Paula's bloghop. These are gorgeous photos, I look forward to reading more of your blog, I love posting recipes too :)

Anne said...

How fun! I LOVE that photo of the ring and champagne glass.

Sally said...

These are such amazing pictures....and to top it off you got that super special moment. Nice work planning out of you guys!