Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Exclamation "Mark"

I have big news! 
If you follow me on instagram, the secret was out two weeks ago!
I upgraded my camera!!!

Please welcome the newest addition to my life:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Isn't he handsome?

1 // I bought this camera having zero idea how it works.
2 // I bought this book to teach me the ways. It didn't really help.
3 // After 48 hours of getting "Mark", I booked a wedding.
4 // I also bought this lens, which I already love.
5 // I am over the moon excited about what's in store for the future.

Yes. #3 is for real.
Yes. It is for a real wedding, with 150 real people.
THIS WILL BE ME. Except I won't be a 60 year old man.

I have always had a love for photography.
If you asked all my friends, even aquantances to describe me, I think all of them would say
"She's ALWAYS taking pictures."
(Some would even respond with eye-rolling and death-stares.)

I can't help it, I just love pictures and everything about photography.
Maybe its my calling. Or maybe it will just be a fun hobby.
Either way, I know I need to see where it takes me.

*************************
I had my first offical photography session over the weekend!!
I can't wait to share the photos on the blog. :)

*In Cincinnati and interested in a photo session???
Message me for details.
(Hint: I'm super cheap!)

7 comments:

katie said...

Yay!!! That's so exciting! Those cameras make all the difference in the world for photographers, I'll have to hit you up for a photo session when my life settles down a bit! Good luck :)

Xo,
Katie

sappyandhappy.blogspot.com

Becca Moss said...

This is so exciting! You go girl, I'm so excited for you!

meghan said...

Congrats! What amazing news!

Kayla Nelms said...

Sooo exciting! I want one of those!!! But I know nothing about them LOL

Brianne Bracco said...

Love it!! Can't wait to see the pictures you take from the wedding :)

Morgan Stone said...

You already know how jealous I am about this purchase so I'm not even going to repeat myself. Seriously, if you decide you hate the camera and/or photography, I know who you can donate it to ;)

Laura Darling said...

How exciting! Have fun with it! :)