Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Save The Dates & How Much They Cost

I don't know why, but I was super excited about creating our Save The Date cards for our wedding.
The thought of a little photo reminder of us being mailed to family and friends just made me giddy, so I knew I wanted to design them myself to make it exactly what I wanted.
What do you think?

Front:
Photobucket
Back:
Photobucket

Since I am trying to cut costs where I can, I decided to go with postcards instead of regular cards.
From my research, postcards were a lot cheaper than doing a traditional save the date card.
1. You don't have the added cost of envelopes and 
2. Because you can use.33 cent stamps instead of .46 cent stamps.
Every cent counts!

I found an AMAZING deal at an online printing company; you won't believe how much I paid for these!!
The only downfall was I could only order them by the 100s.  So I opted for 100 and just chose a handful of people who didn't need to receive a Save The Date.
No biggie.

Here's my SAVE-THE-DATE-CARD budget breakdown:
100 Postcards: $24.99 regularly but I had a promotion code for 50% off! = $12.49
Upgrades on color, cardstock, etc: $26.17
Stamps for mailing: $33
TOTAL: $71.66

I don't know about you, but $71.66 to mail out 100 Save The Dates was a DEAL to me!
Compared to other sites who carries the same Save the Date Postcards at $115 for 100. Add $33 to that for stamps and you are looking at $148! (So I pretty much just saved $76! YIPPEE!)

Do you think about the postcard option?
Do you like photographs on the Save the Dates?

16 comments:

Tiff said...

I love photos on Save the Dates! We didn't have any engagement pictures at the time we sent our out, since it was a year before the wedding. We went the postcard route too and it was SUCH a money saver!!

Legally Lovely said...

I love these! I can't believe you got them for a little over 70 bucks -- that's ridiculous! You go, girl!

Lindsay Kauffman said...

Your Save the Dates are gorgeous! What a great deal you found! I think we are going to go the postcard route as well...it's a real money saver! xoxo, L

megan said...

You did an awesome job designing them!! And you are right, when it comes to postage, every penny counts! These RSVP's better start rolling in because that will be a lot of money wasted on stamps if not!

Katie said...

love the save the dates! I am obsessed with porch swings!

Kindra said...

Love your save the dates. I also went and looked at "All Things Wedding" page. Loved your engagement pictures. You two are cute together!
Congratulations and happy planning!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

love love love them!!

Lauren Elliott said...

Adorable save the dates! thanks for stopping by my blog, loving yours & now following back! Let me know if you have any wedding questions at all, I'd love to chat :)

Rachael SparkFire said...

they look amazing!
I am so excited to follow you!
I hope you follow back so we can stay in touch ! happy blogging :)

Allison said...

I LOVE these! And pictures are a must on save the dates in my opinion. :)

Sara said...

We did something like this but made them into magnets! We definitely used our engagement pics!

Betsy Transatlantically said...

those are gorgeous! I love that your puppy is in one of the photos :) we did postcards for the STDs also - so much easier and cheaper!

Caroline said...

Oh I love these

Courtney B said...

CUTE! Love the pictures... gorgeous couple :)

Kayla Nelms said...

I'm obsessed with this!!! Loving your blog!!!

Rachel C. said...

We did postcards too and spent around the asme - $80ish, from Wedding Paper Divas. We just sent ours out a few days ago :)