Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: "THE DRESS"

I found "THE DRESS"!

I stopped by Bridal & Formal about a month after I got engaged, just to take a look around.
I wasn't planning on buying anything because I knew I wanted to have the "perfect dress experience" of shopping for my wedding dress with my mom and my sister in Memphis. (And have them applaud and cheer when I put on the perfect gown). haha!
But at that time, my trip to Memphis was months away...so my friend Sara and I just went to "look around".


The first dress that caught my eye, ended up slung over my arm and walking with me on the way to the dressing room.
It was love at first sight. 
I tried it on and I immediately loved it.

But was it "THE DRESS"???  How are you supposed to know if it is "THE DRESS" if you have NEVER tried on any other wedding dresses before?
I knew I had to try on a lot more to know for sure.
(That's the over analyzer in me!)

So, a few weekends ago I went to Memphis to find a wedding dress. (read about it here)
I tried on several dresses but none of them felt like "the one". I explained to the wedding dress assistant exactly what I was looking for, and I found myself explaining THIS EXACT DRESS.
And THAT'S when I knew.

Sometimes when you find something perfect for you, you need to stop looking!
And that's how I found my dress!

4 comments:

Candice Lynn said...

You bought a dress?!?! YAY! Are you sharing or keeping it a surprise???

Joelle :: Something Charming said...

I don't necessarily believe in "Say Yes to the Dress" moments, but I do believe that you just KNOW when you've found the right one. I went with my best friend on Friday, who was "just looking" like you, and her face absolutely lit up when she tried one particular dress on. I just know it's the one!

I can't wait to see your dress my dear. Congratulations!

xoxo,
Joelle

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

Awww.. how fun! I can't wait to see al the pictures once you're all 'and they lived happily ever after...'!

Ginny @ Buttergirl Diaries said...

Oh Jax! This was so precious. Similar to mine actually except I saw it on the internet and knew. I put it on, and that was it.

It's scary when you get that feeling on the first one, because you dont want to rush yourself or jump to conclusions but it REALLY. DOES. HAPPEN.

:)

Great story! I'm dying to see pics:)

Ginny:)
www.buttergirldiaries.com