In style ofcourse, cue the sunglasses at night.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Before I post my last day in Austin, I wanted to share all my iphone photos from the trip.
1. Austin Airport: Guitars were everywhere!
2. Cool tree I saw in someone's front yard in South Congress. Covered in colored bottles.
3. Stephanie and I split this amazing avacado & chorizo dip. Yummm.
4. And we also split this white pizza and truffle fries. (#fatgirldiet)
5. I went shopping and bought a few dresses, necklaces, and belts.
6. One of the dresses & necklaces upclose.
7. Oh, just posing before dinner.
8. Picking up lunch at Whole Foods. (Their headquarters is in Austin) So many options.
9. Charles and Charles Rose! So delicious.
1. Cowgirl Boots!!
2. Dinner at Stubbs BBQ.
3. Candy Store in South Congress. (I sampled the chocolate covered bacon. Disgusting!)
4. A surprise delivery from the Husband-To-Be.
5. Two bottles of champagne and strawberries. What a sweet fiance Candice has!
6. My worst enemy, Pizza!!
7. Trying to pop the bottle. Unsuccessful. Haha.
8. Rooftop pool party day at Omni Hotel.
9. One of many rounds of drinks.
10. Rachel and I acting silly.
*Be back soon with the LAST day from my trip to Austin!! :)
Friday night, after our day touring South Congress, we got ready for our first night out on the town.
The whole group: Meg, Rachel, Bev, Candice, April, ME, Ginger, Sara
And the three BHS ladies from the group. Yup, we've been friends since high school.
10+ Years of Friendship. Feels good!
Having a drink before dinner:
And getting photo bombed.
We had dinner at Stubbs BBQ, and then headed out to Sixth Street.
After hours of drinking and dancing, some of us got a late night pizza and called it a night.
*Be back soon with more fun from my trip.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
As you can gather from this post, I spent my first two days in Austin with my BFF Stephanie.
We ate. We drank. We worked out. We got engaged (hehe).
Then on Friday morning, the Bachelorette Party for my girl Candice started. I met Candice and six other lovely ladies at the hotel, we drank champagne & quickly took a cab to the South Congress area to eat lunch & shop around.
Candice & I found an Elvis in Austin!
*We are both Memphians so we appreciate seeing an Elvis!
Austin has great Food Trucks. Please note the CUPCAKE truck. I had to run past it so I wouldn't buy 14 cupcakes. (All for myself!)
After lunch at Guero's Taco Bar, we shopped around and ventured into Allens Boots.
These Nashville girls were in heaven with their boot selection.
And a lot of cactus.
And that was the first 4 hours of bachelorette weekend!
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
I'm back from my four day trip to Austin, Texas! And as you can imagine, I have a lot to get caught up on at work, so I don't have time to give you a full detailed blog post about my weekend.
(Maybe I'll have time tomorrow??)
So for now, I will just leave you with a few pics from one of the nights.
Me & my BFF, Stephanie at her place in downtown Austin.
Took this picture on the way to dinner at South Congress Cafe.
I love my BFF sooooo much.
And finally, there was a proposal! Haha.
I said YES!!! :)
*P.S. I asked a 12 year old kid to take this picture. I bet her & her mom thought we were a little nuts. Haha.
I'll be back later with more fun from my trip!
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Hooray for a TWO DAY work week...
As, I'm headed to Austin, Texas in the morning.
My fabulous friend Candice is getting hitched next month, so me & 8 other fabulous ladies will be boozing it up in Austin this weekend for her bachelorette party. AND since my BFF, Stephanie, currently lives there, I decided to fly in a few days early to party with her as well.
See you next week with details from my trip!
Monday, June 18, 2012
- I went to two Reds games last week. CV & I went with my friend Tinter and his lady friend on Tuesday night. And then I went again on Thursday afternoon with all my coworkers.
- Love spending time at the stadium, especially when the Reds WIN! The Reds swept the Indians!! :)
- BA & CV making a pitstop at this Lemonade stand. Too cute.
- Jungle Jim's Beerfest. Katie & I posting with Jungle, in his wizard costume ofcourse.
- Me & CV posing at Beerfest.
- The very thirsty crowd.
- Afterwards, me, CV and 7 friends went to the Esquire Theatre for a late screening of The Big Lobowski. It was a "quote-a-thon" which meant everyone in the theatre was
allowedencouraged to quote along with the movie. They served white russians and lots of people came dressed in character, as you can see. It was quite the production. And by the time the movie was over at 1:30am I was ready for bed. (And P.S. I could go without ever seeing that movie again!)
- Father's Day. Both my dad & CV's dad don't live anywhere close to us (mine is in MI, and CV's is in NC), so as usual we spent the holiday with CV's bff's family. (which is pretty much his second family) This is me & his bff's girlfriend, Annabelle.
- After an amazing dinner we caught a game of bocche ball. CV's turn.
- Awesome backyard court.
- Some of my favorite flowers.
- The winning team! Me, Jungle & Annabelle! Annabelle & I are undefeated! We always win when we are on the same team!
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! :)
Friday, June 15, 2012
Linking up with Blonde Episodes for Fashion Friday!
I've never been much of a shorts-type-of-gal but I think this new trend will change my mind.
Oh floral shorts, you are so colorful and happy. I need to buy you and wear you on every sunny day.
What do you think of this trend?
Thursday, June 14, 2012
After posting about The World's Largest Pool with you lovelys a few weeks back, I stumbled across something else that gives me that "mustjumponaplaneandleaveforvacationnow" feeling. Do you ever get that feeling?
I get it everyday.
I get it everyday.
Luckily, I have a few vacations planned this year & are coming up soon. But unfortunately none of them includes a balcony pool.
What I wouldn't give to be on vacation, in a fancy hotel, on a balcony, and IN A POOL all at the same time. And can you imagine the views from the high rises???
Ahhhh, jealousy is setting in.