Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Proposal

That day:
CV called me during work on Friday and told me that he made dinner plans for us that evening. I asked where we were going, and he said it was a "surprise" but to be ready by 8pm.
Ofcourse, I'm wondering why we are going on a "surprise date" and I can't lie, the thought of a proposal DID cross my mind, but I was 100% sure he hadn't purchased a ring (I couldn't even picture him in a jewelry store), so I just chalked it up to a sweet dinner date with my love.

That evening:
I got home from work early (oops, apparently I wasn't supposed to be home yet). CV came home soon after sweating like crazy (which I thought was normal), took a shower, and kept running down to the basement to do "laundry". After the running around, we both decided to take a small nap then get up and get ready for our dinner date. After my nap, I showered, put on a pretty blue dress, did my makeup and walked into the dining room to announce that I was ready...and there was standing CV with these beautiful floral arrangement he just brought up from the basement.


The Proposal:
I was shocked at how big the bouquet of flowers was (don't let the picture fool you, this bouquet is huge!) and gave CV a huge hug, but still didn't really think anything because, as you know, CV always gets me pretty flowers. He said "there is a card in there somewhere". So I looked and inside the bouquet was a small card with the sweetest words...which included "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and love you forever." I started getting nervous so I said a little inside joke to him. (haha, sorry CV!)
We hugged and kissed.
And as he got down on one knee, I started balling crying.
He asked me to marry him...and I said YES!!! (I think I said it twice).
We hugged and kissed some more.
And then he put the most perfect ring that he picked out all by himself on my finger.


After the Proposal:
We popped some champagne (that he was also hiding in the basement), made calls to our family & close friends. And then we finally headed to our "surprise dinner". CV had arranged for a personal chef to make us a special meal at this restaurant by my house. The restaurant was closed as the chef was only cooking for us and the friends we invited to celebrate with.
His BFF gave us a huge bottle of Cristal Champagne as a gift, so we drank the best champagne, had the best meal with great company, and spent the entire time with cheesy grins across our faces.

I'm so happy I get to marry my best friend!!!
SOOOOO IN LOOOOVE! :)

20 comments:

Erin said...

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a sweet, perfect story!!!! :) You guys look SO HAPPY and girl that ring is PERFECT!!! :) Congrats again!!

meghan said...

Congratulations again! Your ring is beautiful, and those flowers really are huge!

Alyssa said...

HELLO!! Your ring is amazing!!!! As is this whole story :) Not going to lie, proposals make me teary eyed.. anywaysss I'm so happy for you and wish for the two of you a lifetime of immense love and happiness.

Ps.. You better keep blogging during all your wedding planning!!! :) :)

Candice Lynn said...

SO EXCITED! And I just cried reading this. :)

Stesha said...

this is so sweet! I love this story, and your ring is amaze!

xxClassic & Bubbly

Caroline said...

OMG...I am crying reading this. So sweet! Your ring is absolutely stunning. CV did good. Real good. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Oh hey gorgeous ring!! Love the story!! Congrats again!

Rebeka said...

Ohhh that is such a cute proposal story! I especially LOVE that he planned a special dinner with your friends afterward. I would love that!!

Congratulations again! That is just so exciting!

Married...with a Pup said...

Aww such a great proposal!! Love your beautiful ring. Congratulations!!

JMc said...

Aww what a perfect proposal! He did such a good job and your ring is beautiful!

Brittany said...

I'm smiling like an idiot by myself in my living room. SO happy for you! What a gorgeous couple! :)

Legally Lovely said...

I love this! CV did such a good job with planning everything (and picking out that ring; my goodness!). I love that he did the celebration with friends and family! I bet it was so nice to celebrate with everyone. Congratulations again!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

Awww... So sweet, your ring is STUNNING :)

Kristen said...

awww so cute! your ring is gorgeous too!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I love your ring! The proposal sounds amazing! Congrats!! So excited for you!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Awww... how sweet! Congratulations to you both! The ring is gorgeous!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Ohhh there's the beauty!!!!! ITS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!! I am so excited for y'all :) Congrats again!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Btw posted this post up to my blog! http://www.lifelovelauren.com/2012/09/great-posts-this-week.html

Congrats again!

SarahJane Miller said...

ahhh . what a perfect proposal. I love it! Your ring is stunning! So fun to have all your friends meet up with you! Congratulations!! I am a new follower, so excited to read more! come follow along http://sjdmiller.blogspot.com

Ashley Barnhill said...

Your ring is GORGEOUS!! He did so good!