Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hilton Head: Getting There

 :August 4th:
CV and I woke up at the crack of dawn, packed up the car, said goodbye to Paisley (tear), and scooted along in the car toward Hilton Head Island. (hooooray for vacation!!!)


Asheville was about half way into our journey so we stopped at the Biltmore Park exit to find lunch, and came across THE BEST place! It's called the Mosaic Cafe and it was literally the best lunch of our entire trip. People were friendly, food was fresh and fantastic, it was local. And we were in love. If you are ever in the Asheville area, make sure you stop by.

(Yes, it was so good it was worth mentioning on the blog!)

After 11+ hours of driving, (and the last 4 hours talking about how amazing our lunch was) we finally arrive at our destination. A gorgeous condo on the Harbortown Golf Course.
Our backyard overlooked the fareway to hole 2!
It also included a huge pool and some outdated, yet comfy, furniture.

CV's parents met us from Raleigh, NC and his brother met us from West Palm Beach, FL, so with all the traveling, our first night was spent relaxing, unpacking/settling in, playing a few games of bocce ball, eating in, and playing board games.

*P.S. I know this post is boring, but sometimes I gotta post things for ME! :)
Be back with a more exciting posts, I promise.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Brings back memories of staying at a beach house or condo in NJ for family vacations :) Love the interior balcony overlook! Have fun!

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! It is def on my bucket list to go to Hilton Head! Awesome!

Anne said...

Oooh, fun. We might be planning a trip to that region for the fall, so I'm excited to hear about what you did!

Married...with a Pup said...

Not boring at all! The condo looked amazing! And I wish I could be at that pool right now!!

Angie said...

Totally not boring! I love "personal posts". Definitely my favorite to read.

My parent's are getting ready to go to Biltmore through Labor Day. I'm gonna jot down the name of that cafe for them so they can give it a try.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)