Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Austin: South Congress

As you can gather from this post, I spent my first two days in Austin with my BFF Stephanie.
We ate. We drank. We worked out. We got engaged (hehe).

Then on Friday morning, the Bachelorette Party for my girl Candice started. I met Candice and six other lovely ladies at the hotel, we drank champagne & quickly took a cab to the South Congress area to eat lunch & shop around.

Candice & I found an Elvis in Austin!
*We are both Memphians so we appreciate seeing an Elvis!
Austin has great Food Trucks. Please note the CUPCAKE truck. I had to run past it so I wouldn't buy 14 cupcakes. (All for myself!) 
After lunch at Guero's Taco Bar, we shopped around and ventured into Allens Boots.
These Nashville girls were in heaven with their boot selection.
And ofcourse we had to try some on.
I think this is my first time ever trying on real cowboy boots.
I must say, it's not really my style! :)
South Congress had a cute little boutique hotel.
And a lot of cactus.
And that was the first 4 hours of bachelorette weekend!
More to come! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Amy Powell said...

Hotel San Jose is my fave! I seriously stalk them online just to take "peaks" inside when I need a pick me up.

looks like you girls had fun!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

Cowboy boots are my FAVORITE!!!

Meredith said...

love, love, love all the boots.