Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bus Ride to Keeneland

This past weekend, me & CV and 50+ other party-goers jumped on a bus to Keeneland.
(That's the horse races in Lexington, KY for those that didn't know.)


We started drinking at 9AM (mimosas!!). And by the time we arrived in Keeneland an hour and 45 minutes later, I had already consumed my fair share of champagne & wine!

Me & CV before we jumped on the bus.

I've never been to the Derby, but I imagine it's somewhat similar. Everyone gets really dressed up, there are lots of tailgating, gambling and drinking going on...and occasionally you see a horse.

Me & Jessie..partying post-bus ride.
Do you see the dogs racing on my dress??? It would be alot cooler if they were horses, but close enough! :)

Me & my sexy CV.

Up close and personal with a horse!

Ran into Sara at the tracks!

My main man, Pat! Isn't he the cutest?

And the "family" group pic. All the girls are CV's cousins. Fun Family! 

It was a great Saturday. We partied from 9AM to 6PM. Then CV and I ordered a greasy pizza and fell asleep before the sun went down. Nine hours of drinking will take it out of you!! :)

Has anyone been to Keeneland? I highly recommend it.
I loved it and can't wait to do it all again!!

7 comments:

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

Love your dress, where is it from?!

Looks like you had a great time. I'm counting down the days to Derby! Can't wait to get dressed up and head to the races this year!

Nicole Marie said...

how fun!! and love love love your dress!!

Jax @ JaxandMarbles said...

Thanks!!! I got my dress at Dillards. It's BCBG. :)

Caroline said...

Fun! And I love your dress!

Peace Love Applesauce- Terri said...

It looks like so much fun.. I've always wanted to go to the horse races. Love your dress!

Angie said...

Your dress is the cutest! You look adorbs :)
I love Keeneland. My Aunt used to work there caring for horses so Ive been a billion times. It's one of my fave places but then again gambling is one of my fave things LOL!
Looks like you all had a great day!

momto8 said...

so fun!! we went to the Derby a long time ago and the
one I can't spell.....you guys look great!!!
i am your newest follower from the hop....pls follow back if you can.
have a great weekend!