Friday, January 21, 2011

Shove It!

As if I didn't already have a list of reasons on why I hate strongly dislike Cincinnati winters. Number 281 on my list is shoveling snow. I guess I've been quite lucky that in the four winters I've lived here I've never had to shovel my driveway. (Gotta love male neighbors!) But yesterday, I took over. Big. Big. Mistake.


First. My driveway is three times longer than the picture shown above. Not exactly the shortest driveway. Second. I have no idea what I'm doing. Third. I shoveled around 1pm, so by the time it was 8pm another 4 inches of snow came down which meant that all my hard work went unnoticed, literally since it was covered with more snow. (Good thing I have this picture for proof!) Fourth. Due to "having no idea what I'm doing" I think I pulled a muscle in my back. It hurts. A lot.

Good thing CV came over later and shoveled the driveway again for me. (Teamwork, since I sprinkled the salt and brushed the snow off his car!) But I don't think I will attempt snow shoveling the driveway for a while. I think I'll just ask for a snow mobile for my birthday and get around on that! :)

Hope everyone is staying warm. NINE DEGREES IN CINCINNATI TODAY. YIKES! :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Blech! I am such a cold weather whimp.
It is nice to meet you. I hope your back feels better soon.

Emma said...

Gross. I am so sick of this winter - it seems like it's been unusually nasty this year.

Hoping for an early spring! Maybe I can bribe the groundhog? :)